What will you be doing?
- You will handle the technical operations for servers, storage, and database services across the enterprise
- You’ll handle supplier relationship to meet or exceed service levels to operational needs
- You will maintain a strong partnership with account managers and other delivery teams to insure efficient resolution of incidents and successful delivery of change requests
- You’ll ensure compliance to contract obligations, security and technical standards, to meet or exceed policies and audit expectations
- You will identify business investments and saving opportunities that will improve service and reduce overall year to year budget expenditures
- You’ll conduct operational reviews and ensure support concerns are addressed and service optimization opportunities are leveraged to improve customer experience
- You will dedicatedly monitor service performance; conduct capacity and trend analysis; to identify / resolve issues before they become service impacting events
- You’ll develop and handle strategic partner/supplier relationships to ensure maximum leverage, includes technical solutions, negotiations and contracts. Work with vendors to implement product feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability
- You will partner with the Architects & Engineering team to drive operational transformation, automation and continuous improvement.
- You’ll follow ITIL standard methodologies in implementing, handling and delivering services.
What does your background and experience look like?
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Science
- You have 8+ years’ experience relevant to Servers, Storage and Database
- You have 5+ years’ experience managing a complex IT infrastructure environment
- We prefer that you have ITIL Certification
- We prefer you have Cloud experience, but not required
- You have strong supplier management skills with one or more Managed Service Providers
- You have 5 to 10 years of technical experience with systems management platforms and service management solutions
- Your technical skills include: Unix / Windows / Linux, VMWare / VCenter, NetApp, Oracle, SQL
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You possess strong analytical skills to identify incident trends that enable process improvements
- You can relay complex technical concepts in a manner that achieves understanding and consensus to proposed recommendation and actions
- You can function effectively in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and crisis management
- You demonstrate continuous improvement, quality methodology and creative problem-solving skills
- You can run a budget effectively and have solid contract management skills
- You can work flexible hours and be accessible 24/7/365
Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nat Sherman. And we have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation’s leading e-vapor company. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world’s largest brewer.
We recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development, and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.