The Training and Development Coordinator supports the Training & Development function in the design, development, and implementation of learning and development, training programs, and initiatives that align with TriMet’s Business Plan and its Vision, Mission, and Values and support the professional development of TriMet employees. The Coordinator will work closely with internal clients, facilitators, external vendors and program participants to support the delivery of sound learning and development programs.
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required.
1. Provide ongoing project and logistics coordination among multiple learning and development and training initiatives; LMS coordination, tracking and managing timelines for projects and deliverables, scheduling facilities and registration, managing and coordinating materials production.
2. Revise or create learning and development and training curriculum, classes and related activities; review, evaluate, and modify existing and new learning and development and training offerings. Utilize eLearning content authoring tools.
3. Co-deliver content and co-facilitate learning and development and training activities.
4. Conduct research and evaluate various vendors for specific learning needs (classes, curriculum, instructors, learning management systems (LMS)).
5. Gather, analyze, and report on key learning and development metrics.
6. Facilitate LMS super-user training.
A minimum of two (2) years total credited experience is required.* Experience in learning and development with increasing responsibility in the areas project management, event planning, training materials design, and data management is required.
Experience as an LMS (Learning Management System) administrator, using eLearning authoring tools, and coordinating diversity and inclusion and/or management development activities is preferred.
Associate Professional in Talent Development (ATPD) or Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) designation is highly desirable.
Or any equivalent of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- The amount of credit a candidate receives for prior years of experience is based on the relevancy of that experience to the required or preferred prerequisites of the job description. Experience is prorated based on hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the “credited experience”.
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA:
Grade 11, Exempt, Non-Union, Full-Time
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review/ Please Include: Cover Letter and Resume
2. Panel Interviews
3. Second Panel Interview
4. Reference Check
Make sure you describe in detail how your education, training and work experience fit with this role. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and/or letters of recommendation with your application. You are permitted five attachments of less than 5MB each.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans’ preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and attach supporting documentation at the time of application submission.
If you need accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process, contact our Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 7-1-1. Note that we require a minimum of two workdays’ notice prior to the need for accommodation.
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.