Under general supervision, coordinates staff activities in the day-to-day implementation of bus schedules for bus picks and special supplemental schedules. Ensures the timely distribution of pick and supplemental materials for the field. Develops statistics and reports summarizing each pick. Analyzes running time data and implements revisions to bus schedules to optimize efficiency and performance reliability. Collaborates with other departments as needed.
Utilizing HASTUS software, coordinates bus scheduling activities including completion of crew and vehicle scheduling for all bus picks and special supplemental bulletins. This includes, but not limited to, the production and distribution of pick materials, such as supervisor guides, run paddles, vehicle pull-out schedule sheets, Trapeze export, Clever Devices OIG, and other such materials.
Coordinates the development and inputs of vehicle and crewing rules into scheduling software programs to maximize efficiency of CTA fleet and manpower. Produces statistical reports and data files using the scheduling software including payroll files. Develops new or improved methods and procedures for data and report creation and distribution.
Assists in training and mentoring analysts in the day-to-day scheduling processes to provide skills to perform their duties. Reviews schedules and deliverables produced by Analysts to verify and validate accuracy of schedule data and materials. Meets with Manager to discuss new assignments and provide status updates.
Analyzes bus running time data and implements schedule adjustments that achieve efficiency while maintaining performance reliability goals. Adheres to constraints such as peak vehicle availability and budgeted Scheduled Transit Operations (STO) hours.
Makes recommendations to bus fleet assignments to routes and garages where they are best utilized to address ridership loads and existing transit policies.
Develops partnerships with Bus Operations, Bus Maintenance, Service Planning, Customer Communications, AVAS, Technology, and Payroll to receive input and provide information regarding the feasibility of the request.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Reporting to this position are the following jobs:
- Develop accurate schedules under constrained operating and vehicle resources
- Balancing the containment of operating costs with operations policies and union rules
- Understanding bus labor contract rules and how to create the most efficient schedules factoring in these rules
- Changing street conditions and passenger loads/ridership trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Urban Planning, Geography, or similar field of study with two years of transit scheduling or similar experience relating to scheduling, operations, and/or logistics, or and equivalent combination of education and experience relating to this position.
- Experience with Giro HASTUS software.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing, visual acumen, manual dexterity, and fingering for working with computer keyboards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of CTA bus and rail operations and service area.
- Working knowledge of principles relating to transit scheduling.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and operations/field contacts.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Usual office working conditions
- Occasional evening/weekend work as dictated by schedule production cycles and field operations
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND MATERIALS UTILIZED
- Intensive use of computer equipment and software products as described above.
- Job requires heavy use of the HASTUS scheduling software application.
Please note, employees and/or union members will be given priority consideration in the hiring process, per the applicable labor contracts.
Final salary will be determined in part by the qualifications of the selected candidate and may be higher or lower than target.
Applicants, if hired,must comply with CTA's residency ordinance.
CTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws; except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our workforce and supporting the communities we serve. CTA will make reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants for employment as well as its employees, unless undue hardship would result. If you require an accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact [email protected] prior to the submission of your application or upon notification of your actual test date. CTA will work with you to determine if an accommodation can be provided.
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Chicago
Job Posting: Feb 5, 2021, 8:30:48 AM
Position Type: Full-time Permanent (FTP)