What makes National Health Care Associates (NHCA) a GREAT fit for you?
When you join NHCA, you become part of a premier provider of short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and post-hospital care. Our care team of more than 7,000 employees in seven states cares for patients throughout the Northeast. We built a comprehensive network of services for each of our 40+ centers, carefully designed to address the individual needs of every person entrusted to our care.
Our mission is to provide our residents and their families with superior care delivered by staff dedicated to the principles of kindness, compassion, service, and excellence in an environment where individuality, dignity, and value of those who are served, as well as those who serve, is nurtured and appreciated. We believe that life, at all stages and with all of its challenges, is a precious gift to be shared and celebrated. It is our privilege to participate in the lives of our residents, their friends and families by offering them not only physical but emotional care, comfort, and support.
At National Health Care Associates…We Touch People’s Lives.
Who You Are:
- Kind, Compassionate, Service Minded, & Excellence Driven
An engaging and supportive work environment where every employee is valued, a rewarding career, and outstanding benefits, which currently include:
- Medical/RX plans HMO’s & HSA
- Multiple Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Paid STD with voluntary buy-up
- Paid Life Insurance with voluntary buy-up & dependent coverage
- LTD coverage
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Competitive wages
- Ample paid time off
- Shift/weekend differentials
- Modern/updated facilities
- Opportunity for advancement
- Nursing Scholarship Program
Diversity, Inclusion, & Engagement at National Health Care Associates:
At National Health Care Associates, we not only accept difference, we promote it, we embrace it, and we thrive on it for the betterment of our patients, our employees, and our culture.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law.
MAJOR PURPOSE: Responsible for the preparation of food in accordance with current guidelines, regulations and established policies and procedures and as may be directed by the Food Services Director to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
1. Ability to read, write and comprehend English.
2. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
3. Interest in the dietary needs of the aged and the chronically ill with the ability to work with the elderly.
4. Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
5. Ability to observe proper safety and sanitary techniques.
6. Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position assignment.
7. Prefer at least one year of institutional cooking experience.
8. Ability to manage during an emergency.
9. Ability to use and operate the following equipment: slicer, oven, grill, large blender, steam tables, coffee machine, can opener, microwave oven, robot coupe, dish machine, and any other equipment necessary to prepare meals.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in a well-lighted and ventilated work area subject to temperature changes. Works with potentially hazardous equipment which must be handled properly, i.e. knives, dish machine, blender. Works with cleaning solution and other chemicals.
1. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day, proper body mechanics required – bending, stooping, turning, stretching, and
5. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
1. Prepares and cooks adequate amounts of quality food items for meal service according to standardized recipes and planned menus in a timely, safe and sanitary manner; demonstrates proper meal planning techniques.
2. Portions and serves food items during meal service according to menu and prescribed therapeutic diets in an attractive and appetizing manner; meets resident's individual preferences and therapeutic needs in a timely, safe and sanitary manner.
3. Monitors tray line throughout serving periods to ensure that foods are available to replenish when needed without delay.
1. Schedules and prepares foods for special functions as planned and listed on the production sheets.
2. Prepares adequate food as would be necessary for vending par levels, i.e. entrees and desserts.
3. Stores all food items and supplies according to procedure, in a safe and sanitary manner. Responsible for checking food orders on arrival as needed.
4. Orders stock items in appropriate quantities for the proper functioning of the Dietary Department as directed.
5. Prepares, washes, sanitizes and properly handles pots, pans and cooking utensils according to procedure in a safe and sanitary manner.
6. Operates, cleans and sanitizes any equipment or work surfaces according to procedure in a safe and sanitary manner.
7. Cleans food service work area as assigned according to posted work and cleaning schedules. Maintains a neat, clean and orderly work environment.
8. Instructs and maintains food handling techniques and meal service set-ups for food service personnel on assigned shifts. Assigns and supervises dietary aides according to schedule.
9. Assists Food Service Manager with written evaluations of dietary aides and documents accurately their strengths, weaknesses and the steps taken to improve their performance. Such evaluations become part of the dietary aides permanent records and shall be used as the basis for determining the continued employment of dietary aides, promotional opportunities and the amount of any wage increases granted.
10. Secures and locks the kitchen as directed. Understands and complies with the closing procedure of the Dietary Department.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the Food Service Manager.
1. Understands and complies with posted work schedule. Knowledge of the dietary aides' work schedules with the ability to perform dietary aides' duties and responsibilities if needed.
2. Assists the Food Service Director in ensuring the proper functioning and staffing of the Dietary Department. Discusses any problems, needs or concerns regarding the Dietary Department with the Food Service Director.
3. Assumes responsibility in supporting the Food Service Director in promoting and maintaining positive employee relations and effective communications among facility staff.
4. Understands and adheres to all safety, sanitation, fire, disaster and personnel policies and procedures of the facility.
5. Wears proper uniform as outlined in the department dress code and maintains good personal hygiene.
6. Presents a neat appearance with a pleasant speaking voice and personality. Must be punctual.
7. Works with a minimum of supervision.
8. Attends in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs as directed.
9. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and a positive image throughout the facility.
10. Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values and mission statement; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
11. Understands and upholds Residents’ Bill of Rights and holds all resident information confidential
158 Ross Rd, Kennebunk, ME 04043, USA