It’s a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Company: BCFS HHS
Position: Cook (Cook III)
Program: BCFS HHS
Reports to: Food Services Supervisor
Status: Full-Time, Non Exempt
Pay Grade: 3AH
Education: Required – High school diploma, or equivalent
Experience: Required – 6 months related experience and/or training
Supervises: Support staff and residents as assigned
Summary: The cook is responsible preparing and serving foods properly and on time for meal service and in accordance with approved menus and all agency policies and procedures and federal, state and local food service standards.
To successfully perform this job, the employee may be expected to perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990:
1. Prepare food using approved menus and recipes according to agency policies and procedures and applicable local, state and federal rules and regulations.
2. Report unsafe conditions in the kitchen/dining area(s) to supervisory staff and suggest possible solutions to hazards.
3. Frequently traverse the kitchen/dining areas.
4. Frequently move food and cooking equipment weighing up to 25 pounds in the kitchen/dining areas.
1. Maintain sanitary conditions in work and food service areas that meet or exceed all licensing and policy requirements.
2. Operate kitchen equipment and report any malfunctioning equipment immediately.
3. Produce a standard food product by weighing and measuring ingredients accurately.
4. Maintain knowledge of materials and equipment used in food preparation and cooking.
5. Implement BCFS safety protocols including evacuating with children and other staff in case of an emergency.
6. Work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary or requested by the position supervisor.
7. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the service population and program operations.
8. Maintain BCFS HHS professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined in the BCFS employee handbook including demonstrating respect for agency staff, children, and community members and complying with required dress code at all times.
Credentials, Skills and Abilities:
1. Maintain current licenses and certificates required for the position including, but not limited to:
First Aid CPR Emergency Behavior Intervention Other: ________
2. Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
3. Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
4. Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
5. Demonstrate the ability to:
a. Respond sensitively and competently to the service population’s cultural and socio-economic characteristics
b. Communicate effectively verbally in English and Spanish and in writing in English and perform simple arithmetic calculations
c. Provide excellent customer service using organizational and planning skills
d. Maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene
e. Work in a fast paced environment and maintain emotional control and professional composure at all times
f. Maintain computer literacy required meet the responsibilities of the position
g. Distinguish small details and markings near the observer
h. Work effectively and without intensive supervision both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
6. Demonstrate a working knowledge of Residential Services policies and procedures.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1. Language Skills
3. Base Language
4. Job Post Language
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!