Looking to add a cook to our food and beverage team at the new Courtyard by Marriott Savannah Airport. Our restaurant is open 7 days a week for breakfast and dinner. This position would be mostly mornings from 5:30AM until approximately 11AM. Dinner shift is from 4AM until 11PM. Starting pay is $10 per hour. Experience preferred but will train the right candidate. This position would start at 25-30 hours per week and will have the opportunity to potentially expand into a full time role once we enter the busy season in several weeks.
Responsible for the proper handling of the food and following all standards and any and all health regulation for our local community. Also in charge of proper cleanliness of the kitchen working with the steward (if available) for that purpose.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the sweeping and mopping kitchen and bar area.
- Empty all trash cans.
- Wash all Dishes.
- Clean all carts.
- Clean and detail all kitchen equipment including ovens and hood vent systems.
- Detail clean all aspects of kitchen including walls and table legs.
- Clean all cold wells along with polishing any stainless or brass fixtures within the kitchen area.
- Keep all shelving neat and organized.
- All jobs must be done in a efficient and expeditious manner.
- Cook food to order by standards.
- Rotate in coming food with old ((F.I.F.O) First In, First Out)).
- Prep food for the next days use including any and all pantry items that the kitchen supplies.
- Responsible for coming up with creative ideas for Chef Specials and working in conjunction with Food and Beverage Manager to implement them for any special events.
- Responsible for communicating to the Food and Beverage Manager what foods the restaurant is needed or running low on.
- May be required on some occasions to place food orders.
- Always wear company approved uniforms with name tags, hats and slip resistant shoes. Not wearing approved uniform could cause you to be sent home without pay.
- The Food and Beverage Manager reserves the right to add or subtract any duties from the before mention along with taking disciplinary actions if any one of the job descriptions has not been completed or if not completed satisfactory to comply with company standards.
Food and Beverage Manager
Physical Activities and Requirements:
Requires finger dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, bending, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may on occasion have to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
Overtime often available:
Typical end time: