Position Title: Cook II
Reports To: Kitchen Manager or Restaurant Manager (as applicable)
Status: Non Exempt
Date: January 2013
Broad Functions: Accurately and efficiently cooks meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products. Also performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot and cold menu item plates.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
2. Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
3. Knows and complies consistently with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
4. Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
5. Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
6. Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
7. Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
Areas Cook II-LAX- Job Description
8. Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
9. Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
10. Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
11. Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
2. At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
3. Good communication skills
4. Good team work approach to daily tasks
5. Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
6. Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
7. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Job Description Acceptance:
I have received, reviewed and fully understand my job description. I further understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the essential functions described therein, under any and all conditions as described.
Brand: Ashland Hill
Address: 5757 West Century Blvd, Room 518 Los Angeles, CA – 90045
Property Description: LAX AIRP CREWS ASHLAND HILL
Property Number: LAX Air – 20