Hiring NOW! Do you have a passion for helping others? Join a great team where students are at the heart of everything we do! Work schedule follows School schedule! – Holidays and Summer off!
International Leadership of Texas located in Arlington, Texas has an Immediate opening for a Full time Cook! Prior experience at a school or restaurant preferred.
As a Cook I, you will:
- Accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods
- Follows basic recipes
- Clean and sanitize workstations and equipment
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Fingerprinting and Background check required
Things to Consider for the Cook I Position:
Monday – Friday | 6:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Hourly pay rate: $12.00/per hour
School Campus: Arlington K8 – 4950 S. Bowen Arlington, TX 76017
- OFF Summer and Holidays! No Late Nights!
- Free meal when working.
- Free uniform
- Great work environment!
- Health and Safety is an integral part of Sodexo’s mission to improve Quality of Life. We are committed to providing working conditions that protect our employees, clients and customers.
- We regularly evaluate our sanitation and cleaning procedures, implement safe working practices including temperature checks and provide Personal Protective Equipment, including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
This position is considered essential personnel and is a great opportunity to contribute to the health and well-being of the community!
- Prepares and cooks to order foods that may require short preparation time.
- May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte and may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May produce some batch goods using basic cooking techniques.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.