Do you love children and want to help prepare them for future success? Are you looking to make a difference in your community while working in a supportive environment? Then come join our team!
We are currently seeking a qualified Cook/Driver. This position is responsible for planning and preparing snacks and meals and for ordering and managing the inventory of kitchen items; also be responsible for bus drop off pick-up. As Driver/Cook, you will ensure all health and safety standards are met. In addition, you may be required to accept temporary assignments within the academy based on staffing levels, which may include taking responsibility for a classroom in the absence of a teacher, if qualified. Candidates may be required to have a valid driver’s license in order to drive the academy van for field trips or other errands.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, then we encourage you to click Apply now!
- Plans and prepares snacks and meals in accordance with posted menus and nutrition regulations
- Determines meal and snack count and distributes food to each classroom
- Removes trays and leftovers from classrooms and disposes accordingly
- Performs weekly food and supply inventory and submits list of needed items to the Director
- Orders food and supply items from approved supplier within budget set by the Director and checks-in supply deliveries to ensure accuracy of order
- Ensures that all state and local health department, licensing, safety, and nutritional requirements are met
- Follows standards of personal hygiene, safety, and sanitation and ensures that other staff in the kitchen do the same
- Keeps kitchen organized and clean, including appliances, cabinets, and all inventory
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training sessions, and academy events as requested
- Accepts temporary work assignments when regularly scheduled personnel are not available
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assist teachers in supervising children as required.
- Assists children as necessary in entering and exiting vehicle.
- Drives approved vehicle to and from the academy and specified pick-up sites according to assigned route and schedule.
- Emergency card information and child’s photo.
- Follows Kiddie Academy transportation guidelines.
- Keeps record of field trips and number of children.
- Takes attendance of children at each pick-up location. Makes sure all children are accounted for.
- Must have/maintain Food Handler’s Certification as required by state or local regulations
- Previous experience in a food service setting is a plus, but not required
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record preferred
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Competitive wage, paid training, paid holidays & PTO.