Growing Firm on Long Island near Babylon, NY has a need for a Controls Engineer. This is a full time position with a full benefits package. If interested please email your resume to us.
· Performs equipment repairs through electrical troubleshooting and diagnosis, adjusts, and replaces defective components in an efficient manner to minimize downtime.
· Sets up, programs, modifies, and maintains a variety of PLC controls, HMI’s, SCADA software, and reporting applications.
· Works with industrial PC’s, networks, servers, controls, and optics to maximize equipment efficiency and uptime. Interfaces PLC’s to Personal Computers and other peripherals.
· Creates and reads logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation, testing, and start-up.
· Designs and writes programs for embedded controllers, HMI panels, motor drives, and other intelligent devices.
· Conducts installation of PLC controls as well as programs controls to achieve desired equipment functions. Coordinates machine start up and de-bugging as it relates to PLC controls
· Understands and safely works with AC & DC Voltages, 24-480V. Replaces electrical components as needed such as 3 phase motors, VFD’s, sensors, motor starters, power supplies and positions sensing devices.
· Through use of CMMS, completes scheduled and emergency Work Orders to maintain optimum manufacturing line efficiencies. Records data into MP2 as required.
· Informs supervisors and others in the management team regarding potential hazards and recommending corrective solutions.
· Performs all work in accordance to OHSA standards for general industry.
· Keeps abreast of new technology, devices and manufacturing processes Remain up to date on changes in software, hardware and control technology as it relates to installed equipment.
· Follows blue prints, installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment or conveyors as well as troubleshoots and performs safety control testing.
· Assists with building and grounds maintenance as needed
· Attends company scheduled meetings as required (e.g., safety meetings, production meetings, department meetings).
· Timely informs supervision of any problems or complications that may arise.
· Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
· Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
· Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments. Must follow all Company Safety policies, as well as all GMP regulations and all lock-out/tag-out requirements according to OSHA requirements.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to measure sizes, dimensions by means of calipers and to interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Basic knowledge of circuitry and the ability to remove and replace defective components such as relays, contactors, ballasts, simple contactors.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently.
· Proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel and Power Point, G-Mail and MP2.
· Intermediate knowledge of AutoCad release 7(or earlier).
· Knowledge of Allen-Bradley CompactLogix and SLC500 PLCs.
· Knowledge of RSLogix 500 and RSLogix 5000.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Strong knowledge of project management is required.
· Flexible to work overtime including weekends as needed.
· 5 plus years of related experience.
· B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Must have practical experience with PC&PLC Programming, Motion Controllers, AC/DC Drives, Electronic operator interface, HMI/MMI software, Process Controllers, PC based controllers, communication protocols DH+, Ethernet, Robotics and Vision Systems.
· Minimum 5 years experience in developing PLC/SCADA application software from various vendors.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off