Craft Bank is a community bank serving the Atlanta area. We offer our customers a high-tech, high touch, locally driven customer experience. We provide tailored banking services through our state-of-the-art financial services technology platform, and our unsurpassed customer service from passionate focused personnel.
We are currently hiring for a Contract COMMERCIAL LOAN Underwriter who will analyze and underwrite loan origination, extension and renewal requests for commercial loans including financial statement analysis, industry analysis, market analysis and identification of other risk factors associated with commercial loans.
- Interact with current and potential borrowers, lending officers to gather and assess information pertaining to the transaction, items in the relevant financials of the borrower, guarantors and other liable entities or individuals.
- Coordinate the loan underwriting process including requesting, collecting, and managing required documentation.
- Interact with current and potential borrowers and lending officers to inquire about important information and seek clarification pertaining to the transaction, items in the financials of the borrower, etc.
- Establish loan files in designated software and assure electronic and hard copy documentation is placed in appropriate location
- Analyze commercial loan requests, utilizing information provided by customers, third parties and internal resources, on new, renewal and existing loans
- Prepare credit memos, cash flows and other credit analysis documentation to be utilized in credit decisions on new, renewal and existing loans.
- Recognize and mitigate credit and industry risks
- Ensure that bank loan policies and procedures are complied with as it relates to underwriting of requests.
- Ensure regulatory and bank compliance of all loan packages
- Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external clients
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4 year college or university in Finance, Accounting or Business or other relevant area preferred – or equivalent work experience.
- Work Experience: 3+ years of commercial underwriting and analysis experience in a financial institution or other relevant experience.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Underwriting: 3 years (Required)
- Fully Remote