Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our Ashland LLC business at our Calumet City or Piedmont, SC. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the manufacturing function. This position will report to Director, Manufacturing Continuous Improvement.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager is responsible for leading the implementation of the Ashland Production system (APS) at the Calumet City, IL and Piedmont, SC manufacturing facilities. Each site as approximately 50 employees. The successful candidate will work with and learn from an external consultant at each site and other Ashland continuous improvement employees. After the initial 6 months of APS implementation support at each plant, the Continuous Improvement manager will be responsible for ensuring that both plants continue to move up a well-defined maturity path towards becoming a world class manufacturing operation. The CI manager works closely with the plant manager and the site steering committee (SSC) to ensure the plant continues to grow and extend key lean management system tools like daily tier meetings, 5S, gemba walks, standard work, leader standard work and visual management. The CI manager will work to drive the continuous improvement culture throughout the site. The
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Learn and then teach and coach others the Ashland Production System (APS)
- Use the TRACC system to insure the facilities continue advancing up the APS maturity curve
- Help identify and prioritize continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of the plants
- Work with the site steering committee (SSC) to prioritize continuous improvement activities
- Lead continuous improvement projects using Lean and Six Sigma tools and methods.
- Coordinate, coach and/or participate on process improvement teams throughout the plant in all functional groups.
- Travel between the Calumet City and Piedmont facilities as needed
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, statistics and/or related experience plus education.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit :
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to inspire and generate enthusiasm for culture changing improvements.
- Ability to coach others to improve their problem-solving skills and the use of lean management tools.
- Ability to build trust and respect at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to learn continuously.
- Prior Lean or Six Sigma experience.
- Ability to lead and achieve improvements without direct or formal authority.
- Results oriented with strong team oriented interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.