Come Grow with US! Delta Dental of Wisconsin has been serving our communities, families, and businesses for 50+ years. We have been successful for so long because our people and our culture set us apart; in the way we work together, work with our customers, as well as how we treat our employees. Delta Dental of Wisconsin has continued to grow and we want you to come Grow with Us! We have added positions to our team to account for new business and you do not want to miss out on an opportunity to join a company that truly lives by its mission and values. We are currently hiring for Consumer Care Representatives to join our team of professionals. A Consumer Care Representative supports the contact center by responding to internal agent and external customer inquiries and referrals, and assists in phone queues to educate and enroll prospective policyholders in our individual insurance plans. Duties within this role will include taking inbound calls in queue, assisting with online quote requests, and chat/live calls both internal and external customer escalations. Our Consumer Care Representatives will also provide excellent customer service and assist with billing capacity as needed. Unsure about taking the jump into a new position? Our training is very thorough, customized, and fun, ensuring your success! Join Delta Dental of Wisconsin and grow your skills for promotional opportunities, while cross-training into other areas for a broad foundation of knowledge. Our positions are full time, 40 hours per week and benefit eligible. The hours for this position will be 10:30 am – 7:00 pm, M-F, with the opportunity to move into earlier shifts as they become available. This position is based in Stevens Point, WI or we would consider remote work for the right candidate. Delta Dental of Wisconsin offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes health and dental insurance, employer match within our 401(k) retirement plan, and a generous Paid Time Off program. You do not want to miss this opportunity, apply today.
In this role, our Consumer Care Representative will:
- Respond promptly and professionally to inquiries from policy holders, dental office staff and agents/brokers via telephone, email, web chat and mail within established performance standards
- Process payment information updates to policyholder’s accounts and complete payment transactions
- Manage correspondence, which may involve research and documentation of resolution
- Participate in team meetings
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years customer service experience preferred
- Insurance or inbound call center experience preferred
- Computer skills, including experience with MS Office Suite applications
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Must be well-organized and attentive to detail
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Visual Acuity: The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
The work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office working conditions which may require sitting for extended periods of time
- Travel required <5%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)