We are currently looking for a Consumer and Marketplace Insights, Associate Manager to join us in Richmond, VA.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA? You will:
- Be responsible for managing research to produce actionable consumer-centric insights that drive innovation.
- Manage research and insight generation to drive the future of the company
- Actively provide actionable recommendations for improving performance
- Build stakeholder relationships and serve as critical thinking partner
- Build internal and external network, and engage on business and technical issues
- Integrate consumer and marketplace data and analysis from multiple sources to generate consumer-centric insights and provide actionable business recommendations
- Study human behavior and translate that into compelling stories that will help us better know and serve our adult consumers
- Manage and develop project pipelines while working independently on multiple projects and priorities in rapidly changing environment
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- An undergraduate degree in a related discipline plus five years of relevant consumer experience (CPG industry or innovation experience a plus)
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative primary research methods.
- Experience in advanced statistics, data modeling, and marketing analysis
- Some knowledge/experience of behavioral science
- Demonstrate curiosity, critical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to build visually appealing graphics that tell a clear story also a strong plus
- You are a results driven teammate with a sound understanding and broad experience in analytical methods.
- Integrate multiple sources to provide key learning
- Apply market research principles, business processes, and technologies to solve problems
- Connect consumer and marketplace data across multiple sources to identify trends and generate insights
- Experience on supplier side or management of suppliers
- Ability to translate analytical results to business implications
- Ability to solve interesting business problems using diverse sources of knowledge from analytics to psychology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively interact with management
- The creativity to find and try new solutions
- Consultative skills, and the courage and confidence to debate
- Flexibility and ability to synthesize will be critical
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel & PowerPoint.
Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nat Sherman. And we have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation’s leading e-vapor company. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world’s largest brewer.
We recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development, and advancement. In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.