Acclaim Physician Group and JPS Health Network are seeking a full-time Consultation/Liaison Psychiatrist to join our Department of Psychiatry.
As the county hospital system, and Level-1 Trauma Center, JPS has been serving the residents of Tarrant County for over 100 years. This is a wonderful opportunity for an innovative and passionate individual to treat complex behavioral health issues, and to provide compassionate, quality care to those patients that need it most.
In addition to providing great care, JPS is also an urban teaching hospital with a long history of training physicians and medical students. The Department of Psychiatry partners with medical education and sponsors a residency program for specialization in psychiatry as well as clinical rotations for medical students and internships for physician assistant and nurse practitioner students. We are affiliated with the University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, and Texas Christian University Medical School.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary consultation team including a Consult/Liaison Medical Director, psychiatry residents, psychiatric pharmacist, social worker, and 2 psychiatric Advanced Practice Providers.
- Provide psychiatric consultative services to medical and surgical teams at JPS. Consultations will focus primarily on patients with mental illness who have comorbid medical illness while in the hospital.
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with providers in a variety of medical and surgical specialties to optimize patient outcomes and care.
- Precept, mentor, and teach residents from psychiatry, internal medicine, family medicine, and 3rd and 4th year medical students.
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor or Osteopathy degree from an approved college of Medicine/Osteopathy
- Board Certified/Eligible in Psychiatry
- Graduate of U.S. accredited residency program in Psychiatry or Internal Medicine/Psychiatry or Family Medicine/Psychiatry.
- Active, and unrestricted Texas Medical license, or must be eligible to apply for one.
- Valid DEA certificate with prescriptive authority
- Dual Training Program or Fellowship in Psychosomatic Medicine/Consultation Liaison preferred. Experience in an outpatient and/or inpatient Consultation Liaison Psychiatry setting and previous academic experience is desirable.
In addition to a competitive salary and incentive opportunities, Acclaim provides a comprehensive benefits package that may include:
- Very Generous Paid Time Off
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Options
- Professional Expense Allowance
- Generous Retirement
- Relocation Allowance for moves of greater than 50 miles
John Peter Smith Hospital is located in the heart of The Magnolia Village and Medical District of Fort Worth, the 16th-largest city in the U.S. and one of “America’s Most Livable Communities.” We have a thriving center of culture, commerce, the Historic Stockyards, remarkable museums, a vibrant and clean downtown area, Botanical Gardens and great annual events.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place