Experienced blueprint reader needed for Growing Division 10 Sub Contractor
Builder supply company in the Raleigh area is in search of an blueprint reader. We handle multifamily jobs and quote door hardware and Division 10 specialties. This position will consist of 40 hours per week. Overtime is available also. Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Attention to detail is the key to this position.
The candidate must:
- Be able to read plans and related bid documents thoroughly.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally & in writing.
- Understand and be able to meet deadlines.
- Perform quantity take offs.
- Identify general conditions requirements & needs.
- Assign pricing to estimate line items.
- Evaluate Vendor proposals for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Assemble complete and accurate estimates (as part of team).
Experience and Education
2-year degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 2+ years’ experience,
or a combination of equal experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
- Construction Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma