Johnston Enterprises is expanding its team! There are opportunities to be had within this growing company and we are looking for new team members to help us in our growth. We provide construction services and repair work for our clients throughout the country. These projects include, but are not limited to- Flooring repair, concrete repair, painting, masonry, fencing, and structural repairs.
We are currently seeking an Office Based Construction Manager to assist our project and construction managers to communicate with our client’s representatives, source materials, and coordinate scheduling. The following skills are required to fill this position.
Responsibilities- The Construction Manager (CM) is responsible for the planning, organization, and implementation of the daily activities of company personnel and subcontractors to complete projects safely, efficiently, and to manufacturer’s and client’s specifications. The CM will be responsible for all daily reports, maintaining safety standards, tool box talks, field employee/subcontractors training, and reviews. The CM must be able to manage and drive all of the daily on-site activities while interacting with trade partners, company team members, government officials, building departments, sales representatives, and customer representatives.
Compensation Package- Salary + 14 Days of PTO. Full Personal Health insurance (after Probationary period has been completed). Provided cell phone or cell phone allowance.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience. (Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture a plus.)
- 2+ years of experience in trade specific construction management
- Current OSHA 10 HR certificate, minimum (30 hour is a plus)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Firm grasp of client and manufacturer’s specifications and/or the ability to learn them.
- Must be proficient with Windows Office Suite
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Works well, both independently, and within a team
- Ability to coach/train teams to overcome failures in quality and to avoid future failures
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to apply logical thinking to complete tasks without errors
- Ability to follow documented and oral instructions and directions
- Ability to learn and apply the new knowledge and skills quickly
- Ability to complete assignments accurately and on-time
- Highly self-motivated and committed to the development of high-quality work and productivity
- Intermittent project travel
- Must be available for night, weekend, swing shift, and/or emergency work.
- Must be able to stand, walk, balance, climb, crawl, crouch, lift, hold, or stoop.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
- Bonus pay
- Construction management: 2 years (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible