Our internship program focuses on bringing in the best and brightest top talent from universities across the country who can “think outside the box” and thrive on finding ways to address business challenges. Our Summer Internship runs for 10-12 weeks and you will be exposed to project management and field operations experiences that will help you see your future career in Construction Management. If you are interested in being on a job-site and learning from the best in the business, please apply to our internship program.
Must be Team Oriented. Motivated to Succeed. Entrepreneurial. Passionate about Construction Management.
Those accepted into the program will begin work in June 2021.
- Project Management
- Gain an understanding of both the day-to-day business and financial management on our projects. Explore the critical role of a Project Manager onsite and suport the team with coordination, materal tracking, file management, document control, and progress reporting.
- Interns in a field role help to lap the foundation of the project and coordinate the details on site. Work with field supervision to assist with safety procedures, project, and trade partner coordiantion, verification of field conditions and quality control.
- Participate in the Summer Speaker series, internship events, jobsite tours, and networking opportunities
- Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence supervisors, peers, and external partners
Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors Program.
Civil Engineer, Construction Management, Business, and Liberal Arts Degrees will be considered.
Must demonstrate genuine interest in the construction industry.
Success managing multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Candidate must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism, and Caring.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a collaborative partner on a team
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to prioritize and multi-task
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk