Fish & Richardson, the premier global intellectual property law firm, is trusted by the world’s most innovative and influential companies. Fish was established in 1878, and now has more than 400 attorneys and technology specialists in the U.S., Europe, and China. Our success is rooted in our creative and inclusive culture, which values the diversity of people, experiences, and perspectives. Join Fish’s Silicon Valley team in our fast-paced Conflicts Department as a Conflicts Resolution Specialist.
How Will You Make a Difference?
- Providing detailed analysis of conflict reports in order to identify possible conflicts of interest (including those that are sensitive, confidential and/or complex) and to facilitate and assist with the timely resolution of possible conflict issues (whether ethical conflicts, business conflicts or subject matter conflicts) by working directly with principals and their secretaries/assistants to resolve identified issues
- Working directly with principals and their assistants to resolve potential conflict issues
- Producing accurate conflict reports using the firm’s conflicts-checking software.
- Providing advice regarding use of firm standard engagement and waiver letter templates and assist with drafting same
- Researching, analyzing and reporting on corporate family tree information of new clients and adverse parties
What Will You Bring to the Table?
- A Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent in experience) and at least 3 years’ experience working in a law firm at a level normally acquired through professional experience with expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of conflicts of interest, including ethical, subject matter and business conflicts, or a J.D.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong investigative and analytical skills necessary to conduct complex and detailed analysis of legal matters
When you join our team, we offer:
- Competitive pay with a rich benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental coverage, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement
- Award-winning retirement and profit sharing plans with employer contribution
- A family-friendly atmosphere with back-up child care, as well as health and wellness initiatives