HOW WE'RE MAINTAINING A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT
These are some of the ways we're maintaining a safe work environment at Simpson Strong-Tie.
Sanitizing: Increased cleaning and disinfecting of facilities
Temperature Testing: Regular temperature testing
Hand Sanitizer and Wipes: Providing hand sanitizer and wipes throughout our facilities
Face Coverings: Providing face coverings for employees
Social Distancing: Maintaining 6 feet of distance
Limited Guests and Vendors: Limiting guests and vendors to those who are essential only
Extended Sick Pay: Encouraging employees to stay home when sick
Travel: Banning the use of public transportation for business purposes, when possible
BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, there’s a common thread connecting the people who work here: the drive to make things better and figure out how to get it done. We call it the Maker mindset. For over 60 years, our employees have fostered a collaborative workplace where people are engaged in creative thinking from the first day on the job onward. No matter what role you’re in — from production, to sales, to engineering — you’ll contribute to the growth and success of the company by having a Maker mindset.
When you think of the best a family has to offer — support, collaboration and respect — that's what we value. When there's a win, we'll cheer you on. When there's a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
You'll work alongside talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all contributing to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures. It's this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work — a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As a Technical Sales Representative you will market, manage, and distribute the Concrete Anchor, Concrete Repair, and Cold Formed Steel products through multiple channels of distribution. That’s year one. If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it’s what we love to do: https://youtu.be/PUqzuWryYcU.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Conduct sales calls to strengthen relationships and become a trusted advisor to contractors, distributors, jobsites, building departments, and municipalities that would use or sell the concrete construction products line. (70%)
Conduct field/classroom product knowledge meetings. (20%)
Secure product specifications from Structural Engineers and other specifiers. (10%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years related experience and/or training in servicing specifiers, contractors and suppliers as well as selling concrete repair and restoration products.
- Speaking: Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Customer Focus: Ability to build and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of post-installed anchors (mechanical and adhesives), powder- or gas-actuated fasteners, cold-formed steel products, and concrete repair/restoration products.
- Communication: Ability to respond with sense of urgency to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Accountability & Dependability: Ability to hold self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- Results Focus & Initiative: Ability to set high goals and work hard to achieve them.
- Driving Record: Possess and maintain a driving record which complies with company policy.
This job requires 40-50% domestic travel.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, exempt position is located in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX.
Relocation is may be considered for this position.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNow