FutureNet Security Solutions, a leading international provider of vehicle barriers and perimeter security products and services, has an immediate opening for a Concrete Finisher. The Concrete Finisher is responsible for all tasks associated with the placement and finishing of reinforced concrete foundations, above ground structures, and paved areas. Additionally, he or she is responsible for assisting other crew members in the performance of general construction tasks. The Concrete Finisher ensures that finished concrete work is completed in accordance with the project specifications at the direction of the Foreman or project Superintendent. The Concrete Finisher reports to the Foreman.
- Prepare the site for the placement of concrete.
o Assist with the proper lay out of the site.
o Assist with any required excavation or clearing of the site.
o Build and place forms.
o Tie and place rebar in accordance with drawings and specifications.
o Participate in quality control and/or safety meetings prior to placing concrete.
o Verify the concrete delivered for the placement meets the prescribed mix design.
o Coordinate the positioning of the truck and the sequence of each placement.
o Direct the placement of concrete during the pour.
o Vibrate the concrete as required during placement.
o When required, make test cylinders during the placement per ACI standards.
o Using techniques and tools appropriate for each task, apply the proper surface finish.
o Ensure sloped or slanted surfaces are properly finished and support proper drainage.
o Remove forms when appropriate, and clean any splatter from adjacent areas.
- Assist with the placement of electrical conduit, heating elements, drains, equipment, and other fixtures to be embedded in concrete.
- Safely operate a variety of equipment including: forklifts, man lifts, mini-excavators, skid steers, rubber-tired back hoes, road saws, compactors, augers, and other rigging equipment.
- Perform other routine construction tasks as required under the Foreman’s direction.
US citizenship is required for this position. The qualified candidate must be qualifed to access military bases and other government controlled sites.
- 5 or more years of site work, excavation, and reinforced concrete experience required.
- Licenses or the ability to obtain licenses for common construction equipment is required.
- ACI certification is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required.
- Ability to work extended hours outdoors in a variety of climates.
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to travel for 3 – 4 weeks consecutively.
FutureNet Security Solutions offers excellent pay and benefits. Visit our website at http://futurenetsecurity.com to learn more about FutureNet Security Solutions and to apply online (scroll to the bottom of our main page and select Careers).
We encourage persons with the following experience to apply: concrete finishing, construction, general labor, general construction, road construction, concrete, cement
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of FutureNet Security Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. We also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that qualified individuals of minority, female, disabled, veteran or recently separated veteran status are recruited and considered for promotional opportunities. FutureNet Security Solutions is a Drug-Free Workplace and complies with e-Verify.