Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in a warfighter’s mission? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a Systems Engineer on our team, you have the chance to design and test maritime navigation software and systems in support of US Navy sponsors. Your technical expertise will be vital as you evaluate and modernize the fleet’s in-service navigation systems. You’ll develop your skills in design, development, and documentation of software while gaining experience in Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) service support across the firm. Grow your skills by merging government and commercial navigation technologies and innovation to create new solutions for warfighters. Join our team and help turn requirements into accomplishments that drive change.
Empower change with us.
- 10+ years of experience with of government and commercial navigation equipment, standards, and software
- 10+ year of experience with hardware and software testing and evaluation and mission operations
- Knowledge of interface applications using Structure Query Language (SQL), Oracle, MS Access, or Java as a front-end interface
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform software testing and develop and document software specifications
- Secret clearance
- BS degree in Computer Engineering or CS
- DoD 8570.01-M IA Level 1 Cybersecurity Workforce Certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience as a software engineer supporting navigation sensors, including interfacing equipment and software
- Knowledge of military GPS user equipment (MGUE) and its lead platforms or other navigation systems and the related Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) platforms they integrate with a plus
- Knowledge of analytical tools, including MATLAB and Simulink
- Knowledge of operating systems, including UNIX and Linux and languages, including C and C++
- Knowledge of SDLC processes and tools, including Agile or Scrum processes
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with peers, senior government officials, and other contractors
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to warfighters
- DoD 8570.01-M IA Level II Cybersecurity Workforce Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.