Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
This is slated as a short term contract role with possibility for extension. The position will initially work remotely and transition onsite upon return to business as usual.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of alert and case reviews conducted by AML Operations and Corporate Security and Investigations to determine if the review and research were conducted in accordance with the quality standards and timeframes set for within established procedures, bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures alert and case determinations are appropriate, fully supported, and clearly documented. Document each review by thoroughly completing a QC Checklist.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the various computer systems used for performing and documenting the investigations (ACM, FCA, Actimize). Communicate concerns with the Investigator and the Team Lead.
- Maintains effective working relationships with key business partners. Maintains the ability to provide good customer service. Requires close working relationships with Financial Crimes Compliance business partners.
- Stay abreast of developments concerning BSA/AML/Sanctions, fraud schemes, and sanctions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years direct work experience in AML risk analysis or equivalent with related experience in other areas of banking and preferably in the financial services industry.
- Experience with Foreign Correspondent Banking preferred.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities, and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment; must work well under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of AML/BSA laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing transaction activity; knowledge of monitoring of high risk customer accounts is preferred.
- The ability and willingness to work independently is required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree, and CAMS certification is preferred.
- Must attend and complete Bank-sponsored job related training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $45.00 – $55.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Tempe, AZ 85281 (Preferred)
- AML risk analysis: 3 years (Required)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19