At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
Right now we’re looking for a Data Analyst – Compensation to join our growing team.
The Data Analyst – Compensation implements and executes salary programs and policies involving research, analyses, development of modifications to compensation programs to meet organization objectives and needs.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Provides analytical support on a variety of projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of new programs.
- Researches and analyzes costs and competitive trends in cash compensation and identifies the organization’s position.
- Develops administrative procedures to monitor and reduce costs and improve delivery of programs.
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations to management.
- Assists with the creation of corporate job descriptions, conducts job evaluations and market analysis, prepares pay recommendations, determines FLSA classifications and job grade mapping.
- Participates in wage and hour audits to ensure employees are paid correctly in regard to state and federal regulations.
- Analyzes data to create and distribute various detailed reports using Business Intelligence Cognos (HRIS report writing system), Business Objects (report writing system), and Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Researches and administers Corporate Compliance initiatives (i.e. FLSA exempt/non-exempt status, federal, state, and local minimum wage laws, overtime pay etc.).
- Administers and maintains job codes, job titles, job groups, and pay grade scales in the company’s HRIS system.
- Participates in salary surveys, examines predictions for market changes in salary ranges, interprets salary data and recommends salary range adjustments annually and as needed.
- Influences and provides consultation to various levels of management in a way that expands the understanding of compensations programs, principles and practices.Position Requirements:
- Four year college degree, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years analytical experience (i.e. Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, and Compensation Analyst)
- PHR, SHRM, or CCP
- Advanced: Database, Spreadsheet
- Intermediate: Presentation/PowerPoint, Word Processing/Typing
- Experience with report writing systems required; Business Objects is preferred. Knowledge of on-demand job market pricing software is preferred.HRIS experience is preferred.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
- Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- Compensation analysis: 2 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)