The Community Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations and achieving the financial goals of the property. The Community Manager oversees personnel, collections, customer service, community maintenance, contracted services, administration and reporting, community safety and legal compliance within budgeted parameters. The Community Manager reports directly to the Regional Portfolio Director. The Community Manager directly supervises the Maintenance Supervisor, Assistant Manager and administrative team and oversees the maintenance team. The Community Manager always projects professionalism and self-confidence when interacting and communicating with subordinates, coworkers, superiors, and property owners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sources candidates for employment, hires, trains, motivates, and manages community employees in order to meet the staffing requirements of the property. Assesses employee skills, establishes employee development plans, provides ongoing coaching and corrective action to improve performance and ensures employees are ready for advancement. Ensures compliance with all human resources policies established by Shelton Residential.
2. Develops strategies for resident relations and delivers exceptional customer service in order to achieve the goals of the community. Mediates in resident relations issues, plans resident functions, and promotes a sense of community where residents feel valued and appreciated.
3. Conducts regular community inspections to ensure the property meets established standards for curb appeal, safety, and cleanliness.
4. Participates in budget development annually. Monitors community finances through analyzing daily, weekly and monthly financial and property management reports to ensure the community is meeting or exceeding budgeted revenue and expense goals. Implements and manages programs that increase revenue, decrease expenses and increase resident satisfaction.
5. Ensures all employees are providing exceptional customer service and resident relations by being friendly, courteous and professional at all times when dealing with residents.
6. Works closely with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure preventive maintenance programs for the community and all community equipment (i.e. central air conditioning systems, hot water, etc.) are implemented and monitored.
7. Negotiates vendor and subcontractor pricing and services. Reviews contracts. Monitors vendor and subcontractor performance and schedules to ensure that vendors deliver what was promised. Manages supplies and parts inventories, invoice processing, purchasing and other processes to ensure adherence to the annual budget.
8. Utilizes persistent and aggressive collections efforts to minimize payment delinquencies. Adheres to all legal and company procedures required in the eviction process.
9. Identify opportunities for increased revenue ensuring the long-term financial success of the property
10. Works closely with the Maintenance Supervisor in managing the community maintenance programs including promptly and courteously responding to resident requests for maintenance and ensuring community appearance meets or exceeds site standards.
11. Responsible for ensuring that all community employees comply with the legal, operational and administrative policies and procedures. Immediately updates the Personnel and Payroll Handbook, Employee Handbook, General Administrative Procedures (GAP) Book and Safety Manual when requested by the Corporate Office. Promotes and ensures compliance with Fair Housing laws and other industry-related federal, state, and local laws. Maintains documentation verifying legal compliance.
12. Participates in all mandatory training programs.
13. May be required to assist at other Shelton Residential communities as requested.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
1. Ability to communicate and maintain good relationships with Regional Portfolio Director, property owner, corporate office employees, residents and community employees.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
3. Proficiency in all areas of property management operations.
4. Good written and verbal communication skills.
5. Excellent supervisory, leadership and employee development skills.
6. Strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. High school diploma, G.E.D. or additional equivalent work experience.
2. A minimum of two years experience in property management outside Shelton Residential or
3. A minimum of two years experience as a Shelton Residential Assistant Manager or comparable combined experience in the property management field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee normally works primarily in a temperature-controlled indoor environment, but may also work in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- Property Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off