Community Health Specialist connect/link patients that have barriers to care, support preventive aspects of health, assists patients in accessing psychosocial and/or health services and support patient empowerment through health education and coaching. Community Health Specialist develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community key stakeholders, gatekeepers and other community organizations, assist patients in navigating health care and social transitions, and support patient empowerment through health education and coaching.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage patient assigned or referred for community health specialist in a collaborative on-going relationship to help facilitate their care
- Promote program and services for families and provide health care and social information that encourages self-management
- Assess patient’s strengths and needs and develop a plan for intervention. Care planning and coordination is done in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team
- Provide ongoing follow-up with patients and/or service providers to determine whether patients have accessed services. Follow-up should be continuous from initial identification through case closure.
- Make home visits and conduct case management activities in community settings as required by program guidelines
- Conduct or co-lead group interventions as required by program guidelines
- Serve as part of the patient’s care team and support health center operations and attainment of organizational metrics
- Establish effective and respectful relationships with patients, families, professionals, payers and other relevant parties
- Assist in developing/maintaining community referral relationships and effectively connecting patients and families to community resources
- Engage in community planning groups and/or meetings to support the social and health care needs
- Using information systems and decision support, maintain a risk-adjusted caseload, and provide direct case management services to address specific issues affecting their health risk or health status
- Complete documentation and data entry as needed to assure optimal patient care and program reporting
- Participate in evaluating outcomes at the individual level with each patient and at the same time participate in agency-wide evaluative and quality improvement efforts
- Obtain & maintain certifications/licensure/trainings as needed
- Perform other related tasks as needed or assigned
- Ensure that all contract scopes and criteria are met or exceeded
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
*** MUST APPLY ONLINE AT CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
Bachelor’s degree in social work with year experience working in a health care setting. Bachelor’s degree in public health with experience in a community setting. Bachelor’s degree in sociology, psychology, or related human service field with experience as a case manager or at least 2 years in public or private social service program or health care setting. Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, rehabilitation, gerontology, sociology, or other human service field with demonstrated knowledge in working in a community based and/or public health setting. Ability to utilize technology to complete job duties. Ability to make sound decisions in accordance with CFR 42 regulations, policies and procedures of the organization; ability to organize and prioritize a variety of demands on time; and ability to speak publicly in an effective manner. Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.24 to $18.25 /hour
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts