PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To create, implement and manage community initiatives and programs for an assigned territory, for the purpose of securing opportunities to promote all Affinity Health Plan products to the targeted communities outlined within the year’s business plan.
- Achieve department outreach goals and objectives by creating and managing successful corporate branding opportunities, business partnerships, referral resources, community events, workshops and programs with the goal of generating enrollment leads.
- Develop a community outreach plan for assigned territory, driven by an understanding of the communities within this territory, and designed to support and achieve lead generation goals. Manage a budget that supports outreach activities in assigned territory.
- Research, document and target specific community organizations that offer fruitful opportunities for membership growth and promote the Affinity brand.
- Identify new partnerships, referral sites, or other community centers of influence and event-related health initiatives for membership growth and retention.
- Organize promotional events that involve community partners and other sponsors to draw increased enrollment activity at Affinity Health Plan’s various offices and other facilities that support facilitated enrollment.
- Establish partnerships with owners of small businesses in assigned territory by effectively executing the small business marketing strategy. Develop opportunities with employers of low and middle income individuals who do not have access to health insurance through their employers.
- Leverages relationships with small businesses by strategically marketing Affinity’s programs and opening opportunities to enroll at their sites. Effectively presents the benefits of Affinity’s managed care programs to business owners to generate sales opportunities.
- Create, plan and maintain various community events produced solely by Affinity Health Plan and align those events with corporate enrollment goals. For each event provide justification reports, event enhancement, budget management, implementation of cost-saving measures, venue selection, community involvement, vendor negotiations, creating work plans, onsite execution, promotion, securing sponsorship where possible, and attending/overseeing planning meetings, post-event evaluation, and the like.
- Perform other tasks as necessary or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Persuasiveness and motivational abilities as demonstrated by the ability to influence internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills as demonstrated by the ability to communicate information clearly and concisely.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office, Outlook.
- A high level of energy, enthusiasm, self-motivation and resourcefulness as demonstrated by the identification and implementation of improved methods and processes that result in successful performance.
- Assertiveness and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Good reading and writing skills, and ability to work with basic quantitative data (e.g. counts, percentages).
- High level of integrity as demonstrated by:
- appropriate treatment of confidential information
- adherence to policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- professional conduct in dealing with persons internal and external to the organization
- sensitivity towards the target population.