Assist with planning, coordinating, and implementing the marketing program for assigned territories. Coordinate and participate in activities with the marketing team and hospice staff to ensure that medical and non-medical communities are made aware of hospice services. Work to ensure timely admissions and an increased census.
- Supervised by: Patient Care Coordinator
- Supervises: No one
- Works closely with: All hospice staff
- Required: High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Desired: College degree, license or experience in an area related to hospice services, such as healthcare administration, chaplain, social work, or nursing.
- Required: One year of healthcare and/or sales experience.
- Desired: One year of hospice experience.
- Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
- Current Driver’s License.
- Proof of current Automobile Liability Insurance.
- Certificate of Liability with limits of 100/300/100.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work with all levels of management, including patients and their families.
- Ability to cope with families experiencing emotional stress.
- Humanitarian attitude and acceptance of the goals and philosophy of Legacy Hospice.
- Must achieve hospice appropriate referral/admission goals as set forth by Patient Care Coordinator and COO.
- Required to complete at least 6 face to face marketing calls per day.
- Coordinates, conducts, and maintains accurate records of all marketing activities.
- Promotes and schedules community education activities, including visiting physicians, Nurses, hospital discharge planners, and nursing homes.
- Participates in health fairs, chamber of commerce programs, and speaks to church and civic organizations.
- Educates the community on the benefits of Hospice.
- Helps develop a sense of urgency on all referrals with Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) and field Nurses.
- Tracks and monitors all referrals.
- Follows marketing routes as assigned.
- Keeps PCC informed of all referrals.
- Discusses with the PCC training, marketing routes, mileage reports, and Time Off Request to ensure consistent territory coverage that is efficient and cost effective for staff and company.
- Sets up and assists with in-service marketing programs for hospice staff.
- Completes/types all required marketing reports in a timely manner and according to company policy.
- Available to assist the PCC with admissions, families, or referral sources needing information.
- Attends marketing meetings and gives reports on progress.
- When possible, schedule to attend IDT Meetings to keep up to date with patients’ statuses and referral sources.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Must be able to perform full-range sedentary work requiring sitting, standing, walking, and driving.
- Must possess vision, hearing, feeling, physical strength, and dexterity necessary to perform all the duties of Community Educator.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to give and receive instructions and information both in person and via telephone.
- Work requires exerting force of up to 50 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds constantly in moving objects or materials.