Reports to: Leasing & Marketing Manager
The Community Assistant is responsible for assisting the full-time team to attract qualified potential residents and engage current residents of the property.
The Community Assistant will be responsible for executing the overall life cycle of the marketing strategy. This individual will become the face of the property and join a team of marketers to build end-to-end life cycle marketing programs that drive engagement, retention, and loyalty, year over year.
Their day-to-day tasks include conducting tours of the property with prospective residents, leading on and off-site community events, and supporting the Property Manager, Assistance Property Manager and Leasing Manager to attract highly qualified leads.
- Campus Networking
- Social Media
- Prospect Management
- Lease Management
- Resident Support
- Resident Loyalty Management
Key Characteristics for a successful Community Assistant:
- Creative – Shows imagination. Generates new ideas to problems or innovates around already established approaches.
- Organized – Plans and organizes tasks in an efficient productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Can juggle multiple projects. Pays attention to detail.
- Empathetic – Understanding of others needs
- Quality – Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality performance
- Adaptable – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Copes effectively with complexity. Flexes around new ideas, processes or environments.
- Comply with Fair Housing Laws
- Ensure that all lease files are accurate, complete, and organized
- Accept application fees and security deposit payments from future residents and follow procedure regarding documentation and storage of payments
- Interact with prospective residents via phone, e-mail, and in person and complete Guest Cards for each initial interaction
- Conduct tours, diligently pursue the close of each sale, perform follow ups, and complete leasing paperwork with prospective tenants
- Understand and be able to explain the residential lease in its entirety
- Understand and abide by the leasing policies in the leasing memo and tour route
- Maintain confidentiality in all job responsibilities as it pertains to staff and tenants
- Work assigned shifts, which may include evenings, weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays
- Complete and file all leases in appropriate places depending on lease status and term
- Stock office with marketing materials each morning
- Know all amenities and features of the property and how to favorably compare them to the competition
- Use standard e-mail templates and etiquette in all communication over the internet as instructed
- Complete follow ups in accordance with company standards
- Complete the daily to-do list provided by Leasing Manager
- Report to Leasing Manager each day regarding leasing traffic, prospect objections, and effectiveness of marketing and sales strategies
- Review documents, policies, and updates in the Leasing Memo daily
Marketing and Public Relations
- Assist with the execution of the marketing campaign
- Attend campus events that are related to on or off campus housing, or the general marketing of the community
- Seek information from future residents, and prospects regarding the perceived image of the company and report to Leasing Manager
- Provide ideas to Leasing Manager for advertising/marketing tactics throughout the year
- Positively represent the property both on and off the clock
Property and Maintenance
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and organization in the leasing office
- Inform the Leasing Manager of any concerns related to the functionality and/or cleanliness of the leasing office
- Report all deficiencies on the tour route to the Leasing Manager
- Maintain the show unit
- Provide recommendations to the Leasing Manager for modifications to any area of the operating program in order to improve the overall experience for potential residents and guests
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with every potential resident and guest in order to spread positive word of mouth
- Provide outstanding customer service for all residents
- Input service requests in accordance with company standards
- Communicate policies and procedures to residents
- Prepare necessary documents/packets for move-out and move-in
- Assist with any tasks assigned to contribute to turn process
- Assist Leasing and Marketing Manager, Assistant Manager and Property Manager with various projects as requested
- Complete any additional tasks as assigned by your supervisor
- Notify Leasing Manager of any office supplies, lease forms, and/or marketing materials to be ordered
- Complete office opening and closing checklist
The above description is not meant to be all inclusive but does cover many of the duties and responsibilities of the position. Additional duties may be added with or without prior notice.