To be considered, you MUST answer the bottom questions when applying.
* Supplement your income with an enjoyable side project that benefits your community and only requires a few hours each week *
What is Stitch?
Stitch is a social enterprise that helps address social isolation for older adults, a critical issue in the lives of hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
We have a passionate and growing community of members around the world who tell us Stitch has changed their lives, with some going as far as saying they were close to suicide before they found Stitch. Hearing all this, we are incredibly proud of what we do.
Our active communities can be found in LA, San Francisco, New York, Sydney and Melbourne!
About the Role
We’re currently looking for Community Ambassadors, passionate and enthusiastic people from across Los Angeles who share our vision of making the world a better place.
The role of the Community Ambassador will be to help build and grow the Stitch community in their local area by organizing activities that connect like-minded people, helping individuals make meaningful friendships.
These activities could be anything from casual coffee catch-ups, informal dinners, movie nights, attending festivals together, doing karaoke, or going for hikes or walks. The activities are up to you!
So if you would like to supplement your income with an enjoyable side project that benefits your community and only requires a few hours each week, we’d love to hear from you!
To be eligible for this role you must:
- be an outgoing and social person who enjoys the company of others
- have a desire to help people and improve the lives of others
- be passionate about your local community
- be available to organize and host 5+ activities per month
- be a little tech savvy. We don’t need you to be an expert in using computers, but knowing how to use the Stitch website is important
- be able to bring new members to help build the community
- possess good written and interpersonal skills
- qualify for Stitch’s 50+ age requirement
Extra bonus points if you have:
- experience organizing activities
- a track record of doing good/volunteering, or an interest in social cause
What are the Benefits?
- The Community Ambassador position is part-time, so you will still have time to pursue your hobbies, travel and spend time with your friends and family.
- As a Community Ambassador, you’ll be granted a premium Stitch membership for free! This gives you unlimited access to the community and its benefits.
- The role of the Community Ambassador is tremendously fun – meeting new people, laughing, socialising and trying new things is all part of the experience. And while fun, you’ll be enriching your own life, and the life of many others. Research has even shown that people who are the happiest are those who do things for others, so prepare to be incredibly happy!
- Champion a good cause: You’ll be helping to reduce loneliness, depression and social isolation in your local community by connecting people with the same interests and needs.
Stitch has been featured in publications including TIME Magazine, Bloomberg TV, the New Yorker, NPR and Huffington Post.
Learn more about Stitch here: www.stitch.net
How do I apply?
You will only be considered if you answer the following questions with your application:
1. What is your zip code?
2. Please tell us a little about yourself. We would love to learn about your previous work and volunteer experience (if any), your interests, and if you have organized activities in the past.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $100.00 /week
Hours per week: