POSITION TITLE: Communications Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Administration, regular, full time, non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for organizing, planning and leading all NATIVE Project communication. The position is responsible for diversifying and expanding on all communication efforts and strategies with an emphasis on patient portal, patient communication via publications, website and social media.
- Creation and development of print and online advertising, email marketing, web site management, content development, press releases.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and agency with technical applications centered on NATIVE Project communication platforms.
- Coordinate Patient Portal access and training to patients.
- Represent The NATIVE Project to stakeholders, interested parties, community partners and general public.
- Coordinate and schedule outreach and out-of-office events.
- Develop press kits with multiple interdisciplinary departments.
- Provide communication and marketing coaching for employees.
- Serve as company spokesperson to the media and the general public, under the supervision of the CEO.
- Regularly test and evaluate different short-term and long-term concepts to improve communications practices and quality assurance.
- Evaluate and provide strategic insight on the effectiveness of the NATIVE Projects communication campaigns, marketing and initiatives by monitoring web usage, publication downloads, publication requests, social media statistics and other metrics.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintain records containing pertinent, accurate and current information in compliance with Privacy Act, HIPAA and RCW/WAC policy, procedures and rules.
- Other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information , Professionalism, Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution, Supply Management, Inventory Control, Verbal Communication, Information Technology skills.
REQUIRED SKILLS: This position requires the following qualifications to perform the above duties and carry out the above responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of administrative duties or experience
- Has strong working knowledge of multicultural communities, Indian culture, Indian Country, social service systems, and community resources
- Has demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines
- Has demonstrated the ability to communicate both orally and in writing in an effective and timely manner and serve patients and peers with “Sacred Hospitality”
- Has ability to work in a team environment, both in leadership and peer relationships
- Has demonstrated strong proofreading and editing skills with excellent grammatical skills.
- Must have public speaking skills.
- Can capably operate a variety of office equipment, such as a computer, photocopier, scanner, printer, postage meter, etc.
- Must be proficient with Adobe design products, specifically InDesign and Photoshop.
- Must be able to operate a digital camera as well as upload, edit and post images to a variety of different platforms.
- Must be able to operate multiple levels of social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Can capably use Microsoft Word or other word processing program and has ability to be trained to capably use other software programs, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, RPMS and Provider One.
- Has ability to move 25-30 lb. items, sit for extended periods of time, handle stress.
- Uses “Sacred Hospitality” in serving patients and peers.
- Supports recovery based lifestyles and patient outcomes.
- Can successfully pass a criminal background check, OIG check and a pre-employment UA/BA.