The Outside Sales Representative will sell products and services offered by the company to current and new clientele.
The following core values are the pillars that have inspired greatness and professionalism within our organization, and they will continue to drive growth and development into the future of our customers.
Do the Right Thing: Whatever it takes to make the “customer” happy according to our Core Values
Trustworthy: Knowing that we can trust each person with the task
Respectful: Treat others the way you want to be treated
Hard-Working: Have a “Can Do” attitude and go, get after it
- Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their building needs; identifies and suggests designs and services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of buildings/designs to customers based on their needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale, always being honest with issues.
- Collaborate with structural and architectural engineering firms for project designs.
- Collaborate with other building trades for building designs.
- Conduct building tours with customer when requested or when Fox Cities Builders team feels it will help in design/sale of project.
- Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, keeping in touch for additions/renovations or changes to their current facilities.
- Maintain working relationships with civil engineers and attend municipal meetings as necessary for customers property selection and committee approvals for land use.
- Maintain honest and trusting relationships with Fox Cities Builders Owners as well as other members of the team.
- Maintains detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer or vendor relationship problems.
- Provides final review of estimates and contracts to ensure accuracy and honest numbers and be willing to admit and own mistakes if they happen.
- Works with state or local municipalities to obtain building permits, ensures that subcontractors have their permits and state submittals in order.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills as well as being able to have crucial conversations when needed.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must hold a valid Wisconsin Drivers License and be willing/able to travel as needed,
- Follow all safety protocols; laid out by customers and/or Fox Cities Builders
- Attend tradeshows, conferences, expos, networking events and open house events. Assist with set up and take down of FCB Booth/Display materials.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Procore or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or related field, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of related sales/building experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel throughout facility or to job sites as required to conduct regular site visits/tours with customers or other members of the FCB team.
- Ability to conduct tours or meetings in a variety of work areas and in varied climates including extreme heat and cold, rainy or snowy conditions, as needed.
- Must be physically able to walk on uneven, wet, slippery or grainy surfaces.
Fox Cities Builders is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.