Piedmont Service Group has been providing HVAC and Plumbing services to clients in NC, SC, and VA since 1971!
We are currently looking for a Commercial Plumber to join our team! We offer full-time, year-round work, company paid continual training, comprehensive benefits package and top compensation!
Position Summary: Installs, maintains, and repairs pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in commercial structures. Inspects drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with local and national regulations.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life & AD&D, Company paid Short and Long term disability, 401K With Company match, Profit Sharing, Paid Time off and Paid Holidays.
Plumber Job Duties:
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
- Writes report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
- Prepares bids and schedules and oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers
- 5+ years’ plumbing experience in residential and commercial service and installation
- Valid journeyman plumber’s license a plus
- Must pass drug and background screens
- Valid drivers’ license and insurable driving record
- Ability to work independently in completing tasks in a timely manner
- Detail-oriented, organized and proficient of reading blueprints
- Strong knowledge of local plumbing codes
- Considerable knowledge of standard tools, methods, and materials of the plumbing trade
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the work
- Must be able to perform the essential tasks required of the position