Commercial Lending Credit Analyst
Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
A Credit Analyst at Canandaigua National Bank & Trust is an integral part of our commercial lending process. In this position, the analyst would be responsible for analyzing financial and credit information for potential and existing customers to assess customer creditworthiness. While complying with all operating policies and procedures, this credit analyst would assess the strength and weaknesses of the credit relationship, maintains appropriate records and provides thorough documentation of all financial analysis work, including ratios and other related information.
Education/Training: A B.S. or B.A. degree in Accounting, Business, or related field. Specialized financial analysis training preferred. A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ related experience normally required. Experience with Salesforce Financial Services Cloud and nCino preferred but not required.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; knowledge of current lending and loan review regulations and banking regulations; proficient ability to analyze and interpret financial statements; general understanding of basic accounting concepts; business writing skills helpful; moderate computer skills, including Microsoft Office; visual and auditory skills.
Analyzes financial and credit information for potential and existing customers to assess customer creditworthiness of which the following are illustrative:
- Receives data on prospective and active borrowing accounts, i.e., financial statements, credit reports, and interview and investigation sheets.
- Prepares cash flow and collateral analyses, as well as a written summary of borrower’s financial performance.
- Assesses the strengths and weaknesses of the credit relationship.
- Researches potential borrower’s company and industry either via Internet or publications.
- Provides thorough documentation of all financial analysis work, including ratios and other related information.
- Ensures that all credit analysis activities are conducted in accordance with prescribed lending policy.
- May make recommendations to appropriate personnel on the granting or denying of loans;
- Prepares sufficient information to document recommendations.
- Suggests a loan risk rating after conducting a thorough credit analysis and documentation review.
About Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Company
As the only local, full-service, community-owned financial institution in the Rochester area, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust is investing in you, your business, and your community through our products, personal service, technology, and community support. Our Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Responsibility, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Professionalism, and Commitment represent who we are and what we do, each and every day. That's what makes us different from our competitors and a great place to work! Before making any business decision, we carefully consider how it will affect the people who rely on us the most: our valued customers, the communities we serve, our employees, and shareholders. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs include:
- Challenging Work
- Excellent Culture
- Extraordinary Co-Workers
- Great Rewards including a strong benefits package, learning opportunities, flexibility, and other perks aimed at creating a solid work/life balance.
Canandaigua National Corporation and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.