Commercial Electrical Department Estimator
Since 1979 JK Mechanical has been bringing smart energy solutions to families and businesses in Pennsylvania. Our clients put a high level of trust in our people and products and value the comfort we provide. We pride ourselves on hiring the best in the industry to meet the high quality expectations we set for our customers.
Currently we’re looking for a Commercial Electrical Department Estimator to join our team! This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in a position with a company which is more like family!
Summary: The Commercial Electrical Department Estimator ensures excellent customer satisfaction by estimating and coordinating the electrical scope of work with the project superintendent and staff in an efficient manner. This position is a lead estimating position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Accurately estimate and oversee bidding process for electrical projects.
- Understand and safely work with voltage up to 480V systems.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and/or fixtures based on job specification and local codes.
- Follow prints to determine the location of wiring and equipment.
- When requested by the director, inspect design-build projects upon completion.
- Review project performance upon completion and make informed adjustments to estimating process.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits, wiring, operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of local electrical codes and understanding of the current NEC code book
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- A desire for efficiency, organization, and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated honesty and dependability
- Self-motivated but able to take direction and be part of a team
- Project a professional image
- Observe company procedures and policies
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, or procedures, such as safety procedures or the maintenance of a clean work area
- Create effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to learn and efficiently use computerized estimating software.
Education and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Five years progressive experience in electrical field.
- Journeyman license or Associates Degree.
- VACHVAC Must have good verbal and written communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Valid PA driver’s license with insurable driving record required.