Position: Commercial Credit Analyst
This position can be housed in any of the follow locations:
- 1827 Ansborough Ave, Waterloo, IA
- 1201 S. Ankeny Blvd, Ankeny, IA
- 17050 Wright Plaza, Omaha, NE
Application deadline: November 6, 2020
The primary focus of a Commercial Credit Analyst is providing written presentation of interpreting and analyzing business and personal financial statements, tax returns, credit reports and other information pertinent to the evaluation of a commercial loan request to a Commercial Loan Officer and/or the Commercial Lending Committee. Additionally, a Commercial Credit Analyst completes annual credit reviews, property inspections and property valuations.
- Interpret and analyze business and personal financial statements, tax returns, credit reports and other information pertinent to the evaluation of a commercial loan request.
- Determine profitability, net worth, and ability for repayment, creating cash flow analysis for all borrowers and guarantors.
- Generate financial ratios to evaluate members’ current financial status, trends and comparison to industry averages.
- Assess collateral values and credit risk associated with commercial loan requests. Perform asset verifications and property inspections as needed.
- Provide written presentation of the credit request along with risk rating to the Commercial Loan Officer.
- Perform analysis for annual credit reviews to identify continued creditworthiness.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of a business borrower to effectively manage credit exposure.
- Strong understanding of the core system and all commercial lending software systems.
- Knowledgeable of NCUA and Iowa Code guidelines for business lending, as well as all credit union policies and procedures.
- Prepare appraisal reviews and have a general understanding of appraisals.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Member service focus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Dependable and punctual; flexible during peak times.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work without close supervision.
- Problem solving; analysis.
- Occasionally lift and/or move items over 10 pounds.
- Remain sedentary (seated) for extended periods of time.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
Limited travel expected.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Credit analysis and credit analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of asset/liability management and risk analysis.
- Fluent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel.
- Proficiency in Credit Quest.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Veridian Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.