Raineri Construction is seeking an experienced construction Superintendent for an upcoming project in Peoria, IL.
Raineri Construction is a full service St. Louis based general building contractor that was founded in 2003. The company has grown every year since its inception, and currently employs more than 120 employees.
Long term, mutually beneficial employment relationships are important to the company, and its benefit package currently includes:
- 100% of employee’s health insurance premium paid by the company
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan, with a company match of 4%
- Annual bonus potential!
The Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all trades and effectively managing daily on site activities. Must possess knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the project team, design professionals, consultants and client while successfully directing the subcontractors and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget.
- Responsible for supervision and coordination of all jobsite activities and employees.
- Manage Self-Perform performance. Provide coaching, assessment and progressive discipline as required.
- Develop and maintains a complete understanding of the drawings, specifications and subcontractor scope
- Hold pre-activity meetings with the appropriate contractors to review scope, schedule, quality, safety and environmental expectations.
- Work with the Project Manager in developing the project schedule and keep it updated every month.
- Develop three week look-ahead schedules weekly and communicate these schedules to the sub-contractors in the weekly meetings.
- Ensure that all contractor activities are coordinated to achieve timely completion of the project.
- Ensure compliance by all contractors to quality standards.
- Have a complete understanding of the budget and communicate regularly with the Project Manager.
- Coordinate the work of testing agencies.
- Assist the Project Manager in conducting the job progress meeting twice per month.
- Run Foreman meetings.
- Maintain the Storm Water Pollution Prevention requirements on his project.
- Assist the Project Manager in designing the Site Logistics Plan.
- Work with the Project Manager and Safety Director to develop a site specific safety plan.
- Perform Safety Audits on a daily basis and coordinate corrections immediately.
- Perform Formal Weekly Safety Audit and communicate deficiencies to appropriate contractor.
- Ensure all workers watch safety video before starting work on a project.
- Meet with each subcontractor foreman when they arrive on site to review expectations related to safety using the Subcontractor Foreman Orientation form as a guide.
- Complete New Employee Safety Orientation for each new employee.
- Hold “Tool Box Safety Meetings” for direct hires.
- Correct unsafe acts of employees by on the spot instruction.
- Demand good housekeeping practices by all employees and subcontractor employees.
- Ensure that corrective action steps are taken with any employee who ignores or disregards a safety instruction, procedure or policy via the Disciplinary Action Program.
- Follow protocols for injury/incident management and documentation.
Education and/or Other Requirements:
- Valid driver s license
- Minimum 3 years experience as Superintendent or
- 5+ years experience as an Assistant Superintendent or
- Bachelor s degree in construction or closely related field and 5 years Project Engineer experience
- Experience with Multi-family, apartments, retail, ground up and renovation
- Experience using project management software, Procore a plus
- OSHA 30 certification preferred
- EPA Lead Based Paint Renovator Certification preferred
- Superior knowledge of construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to anticipate problems and participate in solutions
- Able to build, manage and motivate effective teams
- Strong understanding of construction means and methods
- Strong understanding of construction costs, scheduling and quality
- Intermediate computer skills
- Procore experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, deadline driven and highly organized
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
A competitive salary, based upon relevant experience, will be negotiated for this position.