Commercial Construction Estimator
Coleman-Adams Construction, Inc.
Forest, VA 24551
Full Job Description
- Responsible for working independently in estimating costs for project bids.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, subcontractors and clients regarding bids and project development.
- Commercial construction estimating experience.
- Commercial construction field experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare thorough and accurate time, cost, and labor estimates for projects.
- Knowledge of budget development processes and procedures.
- Detail oriented, professional, self-motivated, trustworthy, and organized.
- Coordinate multiple estimates at a given time.
- Prepare proposals for new construction and renovation projects.
- Responsible for construction document distribution and tracking, including plans, specifications, and addenda.
- Issuing requests for bids to subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Schedule and perform project walkthroughs with subcontractors and vendors.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screens.
Employment Salary and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience.
- Health insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Vision insurance.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid holidays.
- Full-time position.
- Company vehicle.
- 401(k) plan.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction Estimating: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible