JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
The credit risk associate is expected to achieve and maintain individual benchmarks for both quality and quantity, excel in teamwork, have excellent time management skills and a high attention to detail. A Credit Risk Associate is expected to achieve and maintain individual benchmarks for both quality and quantity, excel in teamwork, have excellent time management skills and a high attention to detail.
- Monitor affordable loans for compliance with regulatory agreements and loan documents.
- Assist with cash reporting and remittances to investors.
- Monitor progress of investor affordable construction forward commitments.
- Monitor the completion of rehabilitation projects and review project disbursement requests for compliance with release requirements.
- Ensure required investor status reports are completed accurately and submitted timely.
- Assist with the identification of watchlist and performing loan defaults.
- Evaluate property operating performance, market conditions, borrower's financial conditions, etc. and determine if there is reasonable cause for concern.
- Assist with other required investor reporting activities including reconciliations, advances and special remittances.
- Maintain good client relations while interacting with both internal and external customers to perform job duties.
- Manage partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders across CB, including Risk Operations, Technology, Sales, Wholesale Credit Risk, and Finance
- Identify ways to increase efficiency and automation.
- Expected to take on additional responsibilities as opportunities arise.
Required and desired qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Real Estate, General Business or Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with at least 2 years of prior GSE asset management experience.
- Strong knowledge of commercial and multifamily affordable loan documents.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Multifamily Servicing Guides and systems including CESIR, eServicing and MultiSuite.
- Knowledge of Forward commitments, Bond Credit Enhanced mortgages, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, and MBS Tax-Exempt Bond.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment including other internal departments.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task and respond well to pressure and competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of current real estate market trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft desktop tools including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans