Detail Job Description
Large collections firm with offices in Queens and Brooklyn, currently seeking full-time collectors to handle portafolio of unpaid accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages collections relating to unpaid accounts.
2. Applies and research undepayments on collections accounts.
3. Provides customers with statements of accounts and provides assistance to allow customers to pay timely and accurately.
4. Reconciles disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due.
5. Places high volume phone calls to assigned delinquent companies.
6. Manages overall accounts receivable balances. Paying special attention to accounts over terms and balances older than 60 days.
7. Manage portafolio of deliquent large balance accounts.
8. Work with debtors/companies and demand payment to recoup past due amounts.
9. Performs other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
10. Enlists the efforts of senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
11. Accountable for reducing delinquency for overdue accounts.
12. Works with senior management, making recommendations on terms, completing tracking payments and reference checks.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Monthly Delinquency notices
- Processing monthly credit memos and the appropriate reporting
- High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service to dealers and sales
- Internal and External customer interface
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years Collections experience
- Knowledge Collections procedures
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Experience with Great Plains a plus
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
Excellent benefit package including low cost medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, short-term disability, Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, 401(k) and more!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Collections: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- High volume outbound calls: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place