** AFTERNOON HOURS REQUIRED
Price Benowitz, LLP is a mid-sized law firm headquartered in Washington, DC with offices and attorneys throughout Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. The firm handles many areas of law including criminal defense, personal injury, medical malpractice, immigration, trusts and estates, family, OFAC, business transactional and whistleblower law.
Our firm was built on the understanding that comprehensive representation does not begin and end in the courtroom. We know that just having sound legal counsel does not translate to a comprehensive and satisfactory experience for a client. We want our clients to be satisfied with their choice of firm, not just in their choice of attorney. Our client service and support staff are dedicated to making the experience of retaining an attorney as smooth as possible and ensuring that no client ever has a question or concern that goes unanswered. It doesn’t matter how good an attorney is if they don’t pay close attention to the wants and needs of the client. We want to make sure that each of our clients is as happy with the experience they have with our firm as they are with the ultimate result in his or her case.
Price Benowitz, LLP is seeking a full-time Collections Specialist to join their growing accounting team. This position is responsible for collecting payments, creating invoices, updating database information, and working with clients and attorneys to make sure that balances are up to date and paid. The firm has been fortunate enough to have the ability to offer payment plans to aid in alleviating the impact of the unexpected cost of hiring legal representation and is looking for someone one with a customer service focus to aid in the firms accounts receivable and collections efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collecting payments for new representation agreements
- Invoicing clients
- Contacting clients regarding payments that are due or overdue
- Collecting past due payments
- Updating and maintaining accounting database/software.
- Responsible for effectively communicating open balances with clients and attorneys
- Reporting numbers and statistics to management
- Performing other necessary accounting task as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior collections experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with an eye for accounting.
- Good organizational, time management, customer service skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Prior QuickBooks Online experience is a plus.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Type: Part-time