Budget Support & Accounting
1. Under the direction of the Library Director, coordinates and monitors the overall Library General and Non-General accounts. Responsible for detailed budget information for outside services, materials & supplies, personnel travel and part-time library staff. Responsible for accurate and timely processing for the department’s accounts payable transactions using college wide accounting systems (Banner and Argos).
2. Under the direction of the Collections & Acquisitions Librarian coordinates and tracks activities and spend levels related to dedicated Library Capital and other library non-general accounts for collections, including restricted endowment funds. Manages, tracks, analyzes and presents reports on encumbrances and expenditures on monographs, continuations, serials, electronic and other media resources using Barber Library’s Shared Integrated Library System (SILS), COCC’s accounting systems (Banner and Argos) and other spreadsheet programs.
3. Responsible for accurate and timely processing for the department’s accounts payable transactions and for the reconciliation of funds expended on the Library’s Visa Credit Card. Monitors and provides ‘close of fiscal year’ reports for all general and non-general accounts.
4. Develops, adjusts and continuously updates the Library’s accounting processes and systems for the best tracking of expenditures.
Collections & Acquisitions Support
5. Receives requests for library materials and performs research using multiple computer software systems and other vendor specific resources for purchase request fulfillment.
6. Responsible for ordering, receiving, processing, claiming, payment, and expense tracking for all physical and electronic materials purchased by the library.
7. Responsible for maintaining renewals and updating 110+ library databases keeping accurate start and end date for each database. Ensures that electronic resources are activated for patron use.
8. Reviews all vendor transactions for accuracy, appropriate documentation and compliance with College policies. Initiates contact with vendors/publishers to resolve complex acquisitions’ and billing problems, verify discounts, check order status and resolve shipping and receiving problems.
9. Coordinates the Library’s acquisitions processes determining best practices and most effective procedures for acquisitions and physical processing of all items; revises workflows as needed.
10. Stays updated with evolving trends in the publishing and distribution industry, new publishing and access platforms and other library technologies as these affect acquisition services.
Other Collections and Cataloging Support
11. Responsible for establishing access to library resources by assuring accuracy and completeness of complex records in the library’s online catalog, including selecting and maintaining accurate bibliographic and holdings records for all print, electronic and other media library materials.
12. Adheres to Orbis-Cascade Alliance and internationally established protocols and standards to assure accuracy of all cataloging functions. Performs copy cataloging and batch loading and uses shared Orbis-Cascade Alliance holdings and OCLC Connexion records. Revises and updates records with local modifications as needed.
13. Works collaboratively within the Orbis Cascade Alliance consortium (COCC is one of the consortium members) and in partnership with consortium staff and other member library counterparts to facilitate sharing resources with other libraries.
14. Works closely with the library’s Integrated Library Systems & Discovery Services Librarian for support in the use of specialized software programs for Technical Services, troubleshoot systems and cataloguing issues and improve overall access to library resources.
15. Under the direction of the Collection Development & Acquisitions Librarian, coordinates physical materials, e-resource, and databases de-selection projects to remove outdated material and holdings from the library collection. Remove bibliographic records and other associated records of de-selected items from the catalog and update holdings in OCLC Connexion.
16. Under the direction of the Collection Development & Acquisitions Librarian, coordinates the distribution, shelving, processing and maintenance of the library’s U.S. Federal Depository Document collection. Maintains statistics for Government Documents in compliance with Federal Depository Library Program Guidelines. Works with appropriate library staff to help implement new and revised policies of the U.S. Federal Depository Program.
17. Under the direction of the Collection Development & Acquisitions Librarian, coordinates the evaluation, processing and sale of donation and withdrawn books. Maintains records and manages book sale accounts and the Library’s partnership with Better World Books.
18. Works closely and collaboratively with the part-time Library Specialist to oversee check-in, maintenance, ordering, payment and claiming of all periodical items to ensure no lapses in subscriptions or coverage occur. Updates serial item records in the catalog and OCLC Connexion.
19. Compiles and maintains statistics of acquisitions and withdrawals for all library materials. Works with library staff to provide accurate collection and budget statistics for local, regional and national statistical surveys.
20. Staffs the library reference desk and provides reference and research assistance to students, faculty and community patrons, both in person and virtually.
21. Complete paperwork and training for hiring student and irregular wage employees in all Technical Services functions, as needed for special projects.
22. Update library staff on changes in Technical Services processes and software and train appropriate staff.
23. Performs other duties and projects as they pertain to the overall objective of the position.
24. Serves on College committees.