We are looking for a competent Collection Specialist to contact clients and collect outstanding payments. You will struck a balance between maintaining trustful relationships, and ensuring timely payments. Our Collection Specialist should exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness. You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as an ability to work independently
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Investigate historical data for each debt or bill
- Find and contact clients to ask about their overdue payments
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
- Process payments and refunds
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues
- Update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors’s degree preferred
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bilingual ( English/Spanish ) a plus.
- Pleasant, helpful and courteous demeanor.
- Strong team player.
- Proven experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques (e.g. skip tracing)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Problem-solving skills
1st shift Monday – Friday 10:00am – 6:30pm
Opportunity to move up to ealier hours after time spent.