Provides clerical support to the Coding Team to ensure posting of out of office charges.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Logs out of office charge tickets received daily in the coding schedule file
- Enters demographic and insurance information rendered out of office to ensure proper billing. Enters charges for out of office services and ensures that claims are in drop status at charge entry
- Tracks all missing surgical charges
- Audits providers for outstanding services and reports to appropriate management
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Coding experience is a plus. Prior experience in a medical environment is preferred. Basic Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding is a plus.
Computer Skills: Must be computer literate. Basic computer skills required. Must be able to type.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled