Role Summary / Purpose
- Apply technical and practical experience to the preparation of process plans.
- Maintain plans and programs through the analysis, investigation and solution of difficult and complex manufacturing/process problems and provide recommendations to the development, design, specification and selection of equipment and processes.
- Apply technical principles to solution of problems relating to process tooling, machines and/or special equipment.
The candidate will work with engineering/manufacturing personnel in the following tasks:
- Prepare and maintain process planning that is clear, concise and legible using Inventor.
- Provide technical analysis and evaluation to assigned process area to reduce manufacturing costs, improve control, increase yields and/or stretch capacity. Initiate action as necessary to effect improvements and correct problem areas.
- Provide improvements in manufacturing equipment, tools, fixtures and material handling equipment within assigned process area, and provide maintenance procedures for same.
- Support product line engineering in seeking out and evaluating opportunities for optimum tooling and equipment programs for the operation, consistent with the short and long range needs of the business.
- Develop, design and try out tools and system, tools, dies, gages, fixtures and special equipment, required for optimum manufacturing costs, quality, losses and safety practices.
- Fabricate “New Product Introduction” (NPI) activities. Design/ fabricate product components from drawing or concepts.
- Willing to train operators in operation of equipment, including newly developed equipment and equipment modifications.
- Depending on specific assignments, operators may be required to perform tasks not normally within their regular duties.
- Be aware of the latest alternate tooling techniques and processes and their beneficial and limiting aspects for optimum application to department needs.
- Work with manufacturing engineering personnel or with other functions in furnishing technical guidance to shop operations in the manufacture of components and in trouble-shooting technical problems.
- Provide documentation, support and consultation to shop operations and quality control to assure effective integration of assigned programs into routine operations.
- Plan, record, and communicate through appropriate channels, by using applicable techniques, information pertaining to the progress, and results of assigned work.
- Responsible for maintaining, repairing, calibrating and modifying a wide variety of CNC machine tools and associate equipment.
- Required to install special accessory equipment such as rotary tables, air chucks, etc.
- Must perform all duties and tasks while conforming to all safety regulations and procedures.
- .Ability to take written or oral instructions and convert them to clear and concise instructions for others to use.
- Moderate lifting or moving of medium weight materials up to 50 pounds will be required for intermittent periods.
- Mental application needs to be high and continuous to match the overall complexities of the position.
- Multi-tasking is essential. Uses ingenuity, judgment and significant initiative.
- There is a high level of complexity/ variation in equipment and parts, work is highly diversified
- and complex.
- Able to work and perform with minimal supervision.
- Will work in and around process, manual and computerized equipment.
- Will work directly with a CNC Programmer, and take work direction and instructions from the Manager of Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing Engineers, Production Supervisor or Plant Leader when applicable.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in preparing, testing, and maintaining NC programs.
- Experience with 3D Solid Modeling software such as Inventor or Solidworks is required.
- Through understanding of mechanical drawings and geometrical tolerances is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of CNC programming experience required on 2 of the 3 following types of equipment: lathes, mills or wire EDMs.
- Experience and capability with manual G-code programming and part probing required.
- Thorough understanding of machining theory and tooling applications.
- Must be capable to select/ assemble tooling packages for required jobs.
- Thorough understanding of concepts associated with gaging and measuring dimensional requirements.
- High school graduate, 2-year associate/ technical degree highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to logically organize work and establish priorities.
- Work experience must indicate an above average knowledge of machining theory and exceptional quality performance.
Additional Desired Characteristics
- Experience using Inventor & Microsoft Software, a Plus
- Including prior training and experience, full competence should be achieved through onsite training in approximately 30 days.
- Tech-savvy CNC Programmer with software and CNC machinery experience.
- Highly detail-oriented with an in-depth understanding of CNC workflow process.
- Ability to work exceptionally well as part of a creative team.
- Program design, Blueprint reading
- CAD software
- CNC Program Writing
- Proficient in Solid Works
- Ability to maintain CNC workflow processes: Concept, Design, Tool paths, Machinery and Assembly
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $28.38 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC Programming: 1 year (Preferred)