Business Unit: Dolco Packaging
Virtual Position: No
Union Position: No
What is the position where you can add value?
We are actively recruiting for a CNC Machinist for our Bloomfield, NY facility within our Dolco Packaging Division of Tekni Plex.
This position sets up and runs a wide variety of parts on CNC and manual mills. Must be able to evaluate part prints in order to determine most efficient machine setup. Must be able to machine parts to indicated tolerances. Must be able to inspect all parts at the completion of each operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sets up milling operations according to supplied prints and CNC programs.
- Makes parts to meet the requirements of the prints and specifications provided.
- Utilizes efficient manufacturing techniques during all facets of part fabrication.
- Ensures that the next part, program, and necessary tools are ready when the current part finishes, maximizing continuity, quality, and output.
- Provides feedback to Engineering to optimize part designs for manufacturing.
- Properly label and store all materials and document on job traveler.
- Log all time to appropriate routing step as indicated on job traveler.
- Maximizes time when CNC machine is running unattended. This includes, but is not limited to, manual machining, assembly, machine maintenance, assisting co-workers, or general cleaning.
- Documents changes that are made on the shop floor in order to communicate to Engineering.
- Responsible for the accuracy of Tool Room inspection equipment such as pin gauges, surface plates, etc.
- Coordinate shift activities with those of other shifts to insure proper flow of information
- Promotes safety by:
- Ensuring the housekeeping in the immediate and surrounding work area is maintained or improved to the highest level possible.
- Wearing personal protective equipment (eye protection, dust mask and gloves)
- Ensures Quality products and processes are maintained by:
- Understanding and supporting both quality policies and the Quality System.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two year related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of machine tools, their use and maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes and quality control.
- Minimum of two years experience running CNC milling machines. 4th axis machining experience is beneficial
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
At Tekni-Plex, we value all of our people across the globe. We strive to provide a work environment that leads to your professional fulfillment. Since fulfillment means something different to everyone, the rewards that Tekni-Plex provides globally are appropriately diverse and suited to help you perform your best inside and outside the company. Our rewards programs include:
We offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and Welfare benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophy
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .