CLYNK is an upstart technology and information company in the recycling space. Ten years ago we set out to revolutionize container redemption at the grocery store, and we have succeeded in creating the world’s leading solution. We are continuing to expand this core business AND we have set our sights on tackling the back-of-store recycling at grocery too. We service 46 Hannaford locations in Maine, from York to Bar Harbor. We pick up bags of customer redeemable bottles, and boxes of store recycling, and we transport them to our South Portland facility for processing. See us at www.clynk.com.
The Processing lead is a step in the direction to becoming a full Supervisor. During the off-season, the Lead will be a backup to the Operations Supervisor. During the busy season, the Lead will be asked to run selected shifts without a Supervisor present.
The Lead must be able to assume full control for all activities within the warehouse during his or her shift:
- Meeting productivity goals
- Keeping up with incoming bags from the stores
- Keeping the machines in good condition and running properly
- Managing staffing levels (call outs, call ins)
- Maintaining safety practices
- Knowing when to call the Operations Supervisor or Maintenance Support for help
- Make sure baling function is being handled properly on the shift
- Bilingual preferred (English/French)
- Good mechanical and problem-solving skills
- Able to command the respect and trust of the staff
- Able to keep people motivated and productive
- Able to manage a staff of up to 16 people
- Attention to detail – able to make sure things are done right
- Self directed – able to work quickly with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Effective communication skills – good team player
- Able to work weekend and/or evening shifts as needed
- Able to run the baler
- You must be dependable and arrive on time
- You should have great hand/eye coordination
- You are able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- You can work on your feet for several hours at a time
- You are competitive and like to win
Benefits available after 90 days
We are a scrappy team of processors and drivers, technologists, marketers, and analysts. We value people who challenge old ways of thinking, recycling enthusiasts, and folks with grit (or you might call it stick-to-itiveness).
Full time position, Wed – Sat (5:30am-6pm)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.50 /hour
- warehouse/manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- South Portland, ME (Required)