GreenPages is a leading cloud management consulting and integration firm that helps clients fully virtualize their environments and transform their datacenter and IT operations to effectively leverage the power of cloud computing. The company’s deep technology expertise, broad engineering certifications, and vendor agnostic business model offer clients a strategic, cross-platform, proactive approach to designing, deploying and supporting modern IT environments.
Location: Kittery, ME
The Cloud Systems Administrator is focused on driving GreenPages Cloud Solution Provider business forward by creating standards, best practices, and documented knowledge articles to help Sales convert prospects into customers, drive onboarding and reporting, providing financial reports both internally and externally, and lastly creating a collaborative environment.
The Cloud Systems Administrator ensures that the GreenPages sales department has access to CSP and CSP Operations program documentation to support sales efforts. The Cloud Systems Administrator establishes and formalizes the onboarding and support activities that will optimize customer experience. The person in this role is a subject matter expert on cloud billing and licensing models and resolves complex customer requests or complaints and will staff the CSPAssist process to ensure timely and accurate response to inbound requests.
The Cloud Systems Administrator is responsible for self-prioritization, as well as participation in cross-functional team priorities.
- Maintains strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Cloud billing, licensing models and purchasing options. Other Cloud models as assigned.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for inquires related to the Cloud Commerce platform and GreenPages standard billing tools (eg. CloudCheckr.)
- Acts as a liaison among sales, Solution Architects, cloud vendors and distributors in the delivery of cloud consumption solutions and business opportunities
- As primary operational point of contact for cloud vendors and cloud distributors, collaborates to resolve issues, understand programs, obtain funding and drive operational initiatives.
- Onboards new cloud customers and provides training on the Cloud Commerce Platform, CloudCheckr and how to get support.
- Engages with customers to understand requirements and proposes solutions related to product or service requests, licensing, billing and technical issues.
- Gains understanding of customer’s chargeback requirements and develops tagging strategies and/or creates custom reports in CloudCheckr to facilitate cost allocation.
- Generates and provides recommendations on how customers can optimize their cloud usage and reduce cloud spend
- Drives skill development within self and more broadly Cloud Solution Provider Operations to provide exceptional support for the sales team and our customers
- Uses experience and leadership skills to motivate teammates to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Creates, updates and maintains training documentation and knowledgebase articles to increase first level resolution of his or her team.
- Develops sales support metrics and tracks and reports on performance and productivity of the Cloud Business Office
- Analyzes business processes and collaborates with sales, technical support and operations to identify opportunities to streamline processes
- BS Degree in Business or a Technology related field
- Previous experience optimizing workflows and implementing process improvement
- Superior technical and business problem-solving skills and judgement
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and customers at all technical levels
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
- Experience working with Clients on business solutions
- Either possess or be willing to achieve AWS and Azure certifications
- Either possess two years’ prior experience with public cloud billing and licensing models, or be willing to train.
- Either possess prior experience working in the AWS Management Console and Azure Portal, or be willing to train.
Working Conditions / Environment:
- Occasional travel (approximately 5%)
- Office-based position (Kittery, ME, Boston, MA, or Tampa, FL.
GreenPages is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. GreenPages does not discriminate in any aspect of its employment practices against any qualified applicant or employee on account of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status. We encourage you to send us your resume if you are interested in pursuing a career with us.
To all recruitment agencies: GreenPages does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and ask that you do not forward resumes to GreenPages employees, any physical GreenPages location, or any GreenPages email address. We take no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.