*** $51.50 per hour W2
*** Will work remotely until offices safely re-open and parking is not provided for contractors once on site. Equipment must be picked up in person (no exceptions) and proper ID must be presented.
VDACS is in need of a Cloud Database Administrator to assist in moving their database infrastructure to the Oracle cloud.
NOT looking for an Oracle DBA, but someone with Cloud based exp, doing the above. This Cloud based exp must be clearly reflected on your resume to be considered.
Required Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Substantial experience as a Database Administrator in an Oracle 12 on Oracle Linux environment.
- Experience configuring and maintaining a VM DB system via DBaaS in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
- Experience applying and troubleshooting patches to an Oracle 12 database through OCI and DBCLI.
- Experience configuring database backups to Object Storage.
- Experience performing database Lift & Shift migration to OCI.
- Familiarity with OCI compartments, VCN, Computes, DB systems and IAM policies in OCI.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Oracle 12 WebLogic Application Server, OHS & ORDS on an OCI compute instance.
- Experience applying and troubleshooting patches to an Oracle 12 WebLogic Application Server.
- Experience managing an Oracle Forms and Reports environment, including moving Oracle Forms and Reports into production.
- Familiarity with using Oracle Enterprise Manager to manage an Oracle installation.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure;
Day to Day Duties
- Perform Oracle patching to both Oracle database and WebLogic servers
- Monitoring daily database backups
- Manage, configure, and troubleshoot Oracle WebLogic Application Server
- Move Oracle Forms and Reports to production
- Refresh or migrate data from the production database to the test or development databases
- Working with Developers for project development
- Monitor and respond to Oracle Enterprise Manager Alerts
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $51.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- configuring and maintaining a VM DB system via DBaaS: 5 years (Required)
- DBA in an Oracle 12 on Oracle Linux environment: 5 years (Required)
- applying to an Oracle 12 DB through OCI and DBCLI: 5 years (Required)
- configuring database backups to Object Storage: 5 years (Required)
- performing database Lift & Shift migration to OCI: 5 years (Required)
- Familiarity with OCI compartments: 5 years (Required)
- O&M of Oracle 12 WebLogic Application Server: 5 years (Required)
- patches to an Oracle 12 WebLogic Application Server: 5 years (Required)
- maintaining Oracle 12 WebLogic Application Server: 5 years (Required)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager: 5 years (Required)
- implement security measures to safeguard information: 5 years (Required)
- One location
- 4 – 6 months
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Virtual meetings