Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. As a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $3 billion company with more than 16,000 employees worldwide. Our emphasis is on hot water and clean water; we are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment as well as a supplier of water purification products in a number of emerging countries.
With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers. We have sales and distribution in more than 60 countries around the world. A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in our factories and processes, but in our people. To learn more about our collaborative culture and community, visit our website at www.aosmith.com.
This position is located in our modern Nashville office conveniently located just minutes from downtown in Metro Center (less traffic and free parking!).
As an Infrastructure Architect, provide leadership, expert technical advice and counsel to operational teams. Implement best practices and improved standards, capabilities and governance to ensure the delivery of a world-class, sustainable and effective operational service aligned to business needs and priorities.
What is Great about this Opportunity?
- Be our Subject Matter Expert on Cloud technology – design and lead our organization’s cloud strategy
- Collaborate with a cohesive, engaged IT team in our modern office, just outside of downtown Nashville (free parking!)
- Be a part of a financially stable, innovative organization with a reputation for quality, service and employee development
- Maintains, troubleshoots and supports relevant technology environments such as Windows, Virtualization and Linux server.
- Extensively supports Microsoft-based applications such Active Directory, Domain Controllers, DFS, SCOM/OMS, SCCM, Group Policy, Powershell scripting, DNS, DHCP, IIS, .NET, File/Print Servers, and Server Clustering technologies.
- Establish, adopt, communicate and enforce standards and policies for system documentation, best practices and policies that support an optimized hybrid cloud environment.
- Responsible for strategy & roadmap for emerging technologies.
- Work closely with business and IT teams in designing and building solutions that are reusable, quick to market, and lower total cost of ownership.
- Works with cloud backup and disaster recovery processes.
- Maintains cloud-based environments with AWS and Azure as needed.
- Define and drive best practices in on premises and cloud management. Measure and report performance KPIs. Plan and execute initiatives.
- Assess storage and virtualization environments and make recommendations to improve reliability and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field preferred
- Experience in application modernization, workload migrations, private cloud solutions (e.g. VMware), public cloud architecture (Azure, AWS, GCP), application architecture, devops, containers and any other new and emerging technologies
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Windows 2012 and 2016 Server operating system troubleshooting and administration
- Knowledge of operational management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations for on premises and cloud-based systems
- Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Experience working in Agile/Lean development environment
- Ability to work in group setting and independently; ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to work with and a globally dispersed team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Expert-level knowledge and experience managing and troubleshooting mid-tier class storage arrays with emphasis on EMC VNX and Unity, and Dell Compellent
- Expert-level knowledge of VMWare products
- Proven experience in SQL and NOSQL databases
- Experience in the implementation of core services such as monitoring, reporting, escalation, and capacity planning
- Strong Linux and windows administration skills
- ITIL Certified/ITSM Experience is helpful, but not required
- Certifications with VMWare, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services desirable
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave
- Signing bonus